Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 06:27:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

PEARSON DOUBTFUL STARTER FOR ENKALON

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEARSON DOUBTFUL STARTER FOR ENKALON  (Read 426 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: April 22, 2011, 06:57:08 pm »

Courtsey of Willis Marshall

Michael Pearson is a doubtful starter for this weekends Enkalon Trophy Race at Bishopscourt after the Lisburn rider suffered a huge crash while competing in the Qualifying session for the Supersport 600 race on Friday.

Pearson, who had set second quickest time to Australian Cameron Donald, crashed out on lap two of the ten minute session, at the final chicane, after the rear end of his Carryduff Forklifts Kawasaki stepped out at speed. Pearson was fortunate to walk away unscathed from the incident, but his CF Kawasaki suffered severe damage.

Earlier in the day, Pearson had qualified in 9th place on the D&GW Racing BMW in the Role for Pole for Saturdays Enkalon Trophy Race.

Michael Pearson: "I was just exciting the final chicane on lap two of the 600 session when the rear end of the bike stepped out and away we went.  I remember seeing the bike about 20ft in the air and then rolling over on itself as she came to land.  I took one look at it and just walked away. She has taken a right battering, and I dread to think what it will take to fix it.   

Its a huge blow as there is no-way that she will be prepared in time for next weekends Cookstown 100 or the Tandragee.

We where having big big problems all through practice with the Dunlop tyres cutting up on the circuit, and I believe that alot of other riders where having the same problem. I don't know if that was a contributing factor in the crash or not, but grip was a real problem.

I qualified 9th in the Superbike practices for the weekend, but after all that has happened, I doubt if I will return on Saturday.  The main priority is to get the 600 fixed".

Michael is now on the look out for a competitive Supersport 600 for the Cookstown 100, and if anyone can help he can be contacted on 07593807525
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: