Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 19, 2024, 02:23:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

QUESTIONS

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QUESTIONS  (Read 2628 times)
metallica

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 04:19:11 pm »

All very well to the names mentioned above, but a riders rep has to be a rider! Either current or ex irish roads. You cant have a wife, a team member or spectator who does not have the knowledge of racing the circuits.

Rider rep is an excellent idea though. I know a few riders who think a voice is needed out there to not only promote the sport for what it is but show why and what the current short falls are.

Some good points here
Also you need road racers no short circuit men telling how a road race should be.
Also would think you need a 4stroke rep and a 2stroke rep as both machines are very different out on track.
Report Spam   Logged
Snowman

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 04:28:54 pm »

Why not Paul cranston or Noel hudson both good men.Ian lougher never done anything without getting paid first.
Report Spam   Logged
FC
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 04:53:26 pm »

Why not Paul cranston or Noel hudson both good men.Ian lougher never done anything without getting paid first.

Ian Lougher made a career out of road racing so whats wrong about that, he could still give something back.

This is the problem Ive been trying to identify, Name calling , how is that going to help. Making proposals and approaching the right person has to be done first, don't forget this job would not suit all riders.
Its not just the Irish road racers that get a bad deal, you only have to ask the one out of the top ten at the TT how they feel.

YOU CANT HAVE A WINNER WITHOUT THE LOSERS
Report Spam   Logged
maz

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 06:02:08 pm »

If you want the clubs to buy into this (as well as everyone else) I would suggest the person whoever they are is Irish.  There's nothing worse than some comeover/stopover telling a local what to do etc.  Also I would suggest that each of the clubs be apporached in this regard to see what the appetite is as after all there's no point setting some poor soul up on the pedestal to be knocked back by the clubs.  After all they wouldnt have to listen to said person if they didnt want to.  I would also suggest that this cant be steamrollered through.
Report Spam   Logged

viking

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 06:17:07 pm »

what exactly would be the role of a riders rep be
where dose he/she start with their input?
on race day
a month before the event
a year before
Report Spam   Logged
two stroke joe
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 06:40:40 pm »

as for billy nutt returning to the helm of the north west thats a jole on its own, sure he slagged off road racing as been to dangerous
Report Spam   Logged

FC
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 06:41:17 pm »

what exactly would be the role of a riders rep be
where dose he/she start with their input?
on race day
a month before the event
a year before

The role of a riders rep would be.

Protect the interests of the riders.
Negotiate in any disputes
Second opinion of riders safety.
Prepare and make suggestions for improvements on all related issues within the sport.
Ensure that more equality is given to all riders and not just a chosen few.
Advice to new riders and those interested in taking up the sport.
Ensure that any financial support is evenly distributed
Report Spam   Logged
itsnota400

Itsnota400!

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 08:51:33 pm »

I agree with that. More equality for all the riders. After all, it's the Irish riders that are the backbone of road racing here. They need to be shown the same respect as everyone else, especially at the Internationals.
Report Spam   Logged

www.irishroadracers.com
www.keithamorsupportersclub.com

Keith Amor Supporters Club Admin
Darren Burns Supporters Club Member
2 Stroke Racing Supporters Club Member

bigmadjake

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 09:47:31 pm »

Just an idea but how can we get a complete list of the current riders, Or would it be possible to have something placed in a newspaper asking for feedback and further ideas from the riders.
But I would have to say whoever takes up the post must be strong and independent, he MUST also have his decisions backed at all times.
As Previously posted about Yvonne Ward, she does a first class job but in a different role and most off us know what that is. Then we have another comment Lougher is a Welshman living in Ireland this is not a good start. Ian is near at the end of his career in road racing and still has a lot to offer the sport, he is tough and does not take any shit, Nationality does not matter, I could say why have an irishman as the rider rep in Ireland, could be seen as pissing in the same pot so to speak.
What about Amelia shes young and knows her way about the races, One is neede and fast but has to be the right person.  How can amelia do this job,she is not a racer,but have to agree she is young and knows her way around the paddock,but this job must go to sum one who has raced the roads,i am sorry i have offended you over ian lougher and we will not go in to the nationality thing as we have riders from the north/south of ireland who can be irish/british.i know ian very well but wud like to point out things you might have 4 got about regarding ian,i watched him ride into #36 and #77 at scarbro,these 2 riders were not to blame in any way,ian was very cheeky to people that day,well and truley out of school,then put in a protest a few yrs ago regarding #77 at the nw200.again ian was out of school,then at the southern 100 again he kicked out at #36 with his foot,you must not know ian very well,ian lougher shud never be given this job as he has never said sorry to the above guys ,so if lougher can not show any respect to other riders on the road/track now,then thats proves he is not the man for this job.I know ian a long time,it wud be ians way or no way.This job is the job for a racer or ex racer and a person who has respect for all riders and riders must respect his ruling at the end of day,but i am sorry if you are upset as to wat i posted,but i have seen ian with more faces that big ben. Sorry mate.

Report Spam   Logged
FC
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 10:46:16 pm »

Not offended at all, thats what a forum is for, its to have ones own opinions, a good sensible debate is all we want, and the more its debated ideas good or bad put forward can only help the sport.
Its about time the sport was more open and transparent
Report Spam   Logged
bigmadjake

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 12:07:23 am »

Not offended at all, thats what a forum is for, its to have ones own opinions, a good sensible debate is all we want, and the more its debated ideas good or bad put forward can only help the sport.
Its about time the sport was more open and transparent

please don't think i am hard on ian,its just i have known ian a very long time.i used to have a lot of respect for the man,but as yrs go by you see the other side of people,i still have a hell of a lot of respect for him as a rider,but wat i saw him do at the southern 100 was really bad on #36 and when words were said all i cud see was ian acting out the same way as he did at scarbro a couple of years ago,i would be very good friends with mark buckley,now both of these guys have big b---s,but when things went bad between them i thought ian was ever so wrong,i myself felt ever so sorry for mark and his wife at the time so i help mark out and ian never spoke to me wen mark was around,but would speak to me if i was on my own,i know few top irish riders ian wud not speak to,now there is always 3 sides 2 a story,his side,there side and the truth but putting the boot in to #36's bike is not on,thats why i don't think ian shud never be aloud to fill this post,but at least you are very understanding person who likes to hear every ones views.These racing sites need more people like you who know wat they are talking about and might i add,i respect your veiws too.
Report Spam   Logged
Snowman

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 07:46:26 am »

No offence intended FC but we have go enough good riders here to fill any position that may ever come up and as for ian lougher i can recall what happened a few years ago at kells when the club was left quite a hefty bill all thanks to mr lougher and his hangers on Fact.  
Report Spam   Logged
Snowman

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 08:15:56 am »

Have just read topic again i find it interesting fc you dont like name dropping here's a thought read your first post the one thing this sport dosent need is another chief agree with Maz who ever it might be has to be irish and come from a road racing background and have the respect of all the riders
Report Spam   Logged
FC
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 09:52:16 am »

Im not saying it should be Ian, it was only a suggestion, yes agreed there are many riders that could fill the position, but correct me if im wrong was there not a fall out between the north and south Committees. It could be an Irishman, Scotsman, Englishman or Manxman for all I care as long as the person does the right job for the Riders.  What about Mago or is Mags past his sell by date Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mago
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 12:16:18 pm »

Colin ,it should be an ex rider appointed by the riders, only they could make this work.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: