Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 10:02:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

QUESTIONS

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QUESTIONS  (Read 2629 times)
FC
« on: January 26, 2011, 05:26:36 pm »

#1  should road racing have a full time independent rep.
#2 What powers should the rep have
#3 Should clubs be forced to accept his decisions
#4 Who would make the grade as a rider rep.

A#4  Ian Lougher
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mago
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 05:34:46 pm »

#1  should road racing have a full time independent rep.
#2 What powers should the rep have
#3 Should clubs be forced to accept his decisions
#4 Who would make the grade as a rider rep.

A#4  Ian Lougher

Question

#1 Yes

#2 Ultimate power to have riders saftey concerns addressed

#3 Clubs should abide by decisions, if it concerns saftey.

With out a doubt Lougher should be the man, he takes no shit, and is respected by nearly everyone.
Report Spam   Logged
metallica

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 07:29:01 pm »

But sure he would only be at the big events.
Who is going to be there for the riders at all the national races ?
Report Spam   Logged
Mago
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 08:16:51 pm »

But sure he would only be at the big events.
Who is going to be there for the riders at all the national races ?

He gets to a few of the nationals as a spectator, and no doubt would get to them all, if offered the position of riders rep.
Report Spam   Logged
metallica

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:08:07 am »

And like who is going to pay him for doing this job ?
Ian wont do it for nothing.
The MCUI sure wont, because Yvonne Ward does a great job for riders if anything goes wrong and the MCUI wont give her anything.
Report Spam   Logged
Mago
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 08:21:26 am »

The MCUI sure wont, because Yvonne Ward does a great job for riders if anything goes wrong and the MCUI wont give her anything.

Agreed Yvonne does a great job, as for Ian, who knows what he may or may not want, if the role of riders rep, were ever to be offered to him.

Many years ago, the then Grand Prix riders appointed a riders rep ( Franco Unchini,) I belive that the riders covered his expences out of their own pockets.
Report Spam   Logged
maz

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 09:20:22 am »

First and foremost it should not be paid.  As soon as you get into the realms of being paid you are no longer independent.  Expenses reimbursed under a "good practice" scheme yes and these should also be transparent so that no huge expenses can be claimed.

I also dont think its about hitting the clubs with a stick (although some may need it) some physically cant do what they want to do and need help.

First and foremost they need to be singing from the same hymn sheet then all will be come easier.
Report Spam   Logged

metallica

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 03:46:24 pm »

1 I know Ian wont do it for nothing
2 Why has the riders to pay for it, sure they are paying enough as it is to race.
Report Spam   Logged
FC
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 08:02:44 am »

Amelia Fowles would also make a good riders rep
Report Spam   Logged
two stroke joe
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 12:25:48 pm »

It wont make any difference as the clubs dont listen to the reps they have already. Its time that they did!
Report Spam   Logged

FC
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 01:47:16 pm »

It wont make any difference as the clubs dont listen to the reps they have already. Its time that they did!

They would if all the riders backed them . At the end of the day if the riders refuse to race thens there is no meeting simple.
The sport has to be brought up todate and new blood within the clubs is also needed, Fresh ideas
Report Spam   Logged
bigmadjake

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 03:40:44 pm »

[ /quote]  if you know mr lougher then you woud know ian classes any thing to do wth racing as a job and gets paid for most things he does,plus he attends nearly all of the bsb rds as he runs his own team of riders,these riders over the years have had to pay ian a lot of money to be part of his team,why can ex riders like con law,ray mc'cullaugh,brian reid,noel hudson,etc take this job on and let every road racing club pay a little to-wards their costs,i be talking to most of these guys at nearly every race.the above guys are all ex racers and still enjoy the sport by attending there sport and let me add ray mc'cullaugh is a big fan of ryan #77,or even put this job on hold till 2012 and offer the post to rayan #77.to me lougher is a welsh man living in n.ireland and who races very little in ireland but takes a lot of sponsership out of ireland to race overseas while our own lads could be doing with sum sponsership from the people of ireland,after all will a english man come over here every week and buy their fuel,a bag of spuds,a bag of coal or wat ever eles you would see on overseas riders bikes.lets all support the racers and there sponsers who race north/south week in week out 7mths of the year who can not afford to go over the water to race.as for the mcui and yvonne ward,if the people in the mcui had the b---s to do the job that yvonne ward has to do then our sport wud be in better shape,yvonnee ward shud be given award like a mbe/obe,we never hear yvonne crying out for help/money,not like the mcui,etc.thanks to every one who reads this post but our sport does not need another mr.m.white,a man who has f------ the northwest for ever and could't care if a cub who races around the nationals wk after wk ever turns up at his bsb race,i have spoken to him on serveral times over the years and have found him out to be a liar and 2, a very 2 face man who could not tell the truth about the running of the nw200,like last yr,he says he cud not get a full field of 125's,there was 36 125gp machines there last year,now he's at it again this year,i no a lot of english/irish guys i have spoken to about this and we  know and can tell you all now there is at least 40 125gp machines who wud race in the 125 race if it was on the cards,this has been put to mr bsb,m,white,but mr bsb came up with a new lie and said he could't get sponsership for it,then he was informed that £10.0000 was up if he ran it,but no mr white said it was to late now,this was in oct 2010,the nw200 was a family w/end away for fans/racers but them days are now over with mr white,i have been a member of of the nw200 club for many years but i am sorry last yr was my last yr,and i am not alone on this one,ten of our team who where members of the nw200 club are finished with the nw200 races 4 ever,who cud blame them after the way mr bsb,m white spoke to them over a protest regarding a 125 rider,he turned his back to speak to a big team name who he paid 2 race at his new bsb course,and wen i asked him again,he turned rd and with no manners at all just said come back at 8am next morn,wen we did return at 8am next morn,mr bsb was finished with us at 8am and 30 sec's,not much joy,well the sooner mr billy nutt comes back and takes over the running of the nw200 the better,billy was a guy who cared about his riders down the field and respected every ones views,so its up to a guy like billy nutt or noel johnstone to save the nw200 be for its to late and gone for ever.
Report Spam   Logged
Snowman

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 12:17:00 pm »

Merv White has told that many lies concerning the two strokes he's starting to trip over him self no wonder in to days newsletter the NW supporters club experienced its biggest decline in membership last year since its formation in 1976 the club chairman has confirmed. Disillusioned larne man laurits mackness and his team were almost on the verge off quitting in 2010 have warned that a similar performance this year could be the final nail in the coffin for the club.Form a peak of 17,ooo members four years ago has plummeted to just 1,000 members. Just maybe Merv will now take the hint and clear off to bsb and let billy nutt or noel johnson run a real race for everyone
Report Spam   Logged
itsnota400

Itsnota400!

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 12:31:52 pm »

All very well to the names mentioned above, but a riders rep has to be a rider! Either current or ex irish roads. You cant have a wife, a team member or spectator who does not have the knowledge of racing the circuits.

Rider rep is an excellent idea though. I know a few riders who think a voice is needed out there to not only promote the sport for what it is but show why and what the current short falls are.
Report Spam   Logged

www.irishroadracers.com
www.keithamorsupportersclub.com

Keith Amor Supporters Club Admin
Darren Burns Supporters Club Member
2 Stroke Racing Supporters Club Member

FC
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 03:08:58 pm »

Just an idea but how can we get a complete list of the current riders, Or would it be possible to have something placed in a newspaper asking for feedback and further ideas from the riders.
But I would have to say whoever takes up the post must be strong and independent, he MUST also have his decisions backed at all times.
As Previously posted about Yvonne Ward, she does a first class job but in a different role and most off us know what that is. Then we have another comment Lougher is a Welshman living in Ireland this is not a good start. Ian is near at the end of his career in road racing and still has a lot to offer the sport, he is tough and does not take any shit, Nationality does not matter, I could say why have an irishman as the rider rep in Ireland, could be seen as pissing in the same pot so to speak.
What about Amelia shes young and knows her way about the races, One is neede and fast but has to be the right person.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: