Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 07:57:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Air Fences

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air Fences  (Read 964 times)
FC
« on: January 09, 2011, 10:57:58 am »

I have been in touch with the manufacturer of the High Impact Air Fence system which reduced the risk of serious injuries by as much as 80%. The cost of these units 8.5mts long start at us$3400 each which may sound expensive but how much value do you put on a riders life.
My point is that its not possible for clubs to just go out and buy these units due to the costs, but whats the possibility of getting companies to sponsor the cost of a unit with their logo/name on them and to be used by all road race events. Even if every club was to raise the funds to say buy one each year, same again to be used by all. Maybe its possible to apply for a Government grant to buy a load up front and to be paid for over a period of years.

http://www.airfence.com
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Malcolm

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 01:00:37 am »

Something like that was done about 2 yrs ago ..
Cant remember fully but think it may have been done through the John Donnan Run .Far as I remember it was 50 quid to add your Logo/name to either pole or kerb protection.. Am sure someone might be fit to add more to that about it..

Supposedly there was meant to be 700,000 or so lying for motorsport in NI last year .Not sure what or who you would approach about the money but if that kind of money is lying about for motorsport then your idea should defo be grounds to get some of it .
I'm sure some of the Club's might be fit to shed some more light on that ..
Report Spam   Logged
maz

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 03:50:03 pm »

Surely the ones used by the larger events that are left sitting in storage could be used by the smaller events? 

Seems silly that everyone has to purchase their own, only for then to sit in storage for 50 weeks of the year?
Report Spam   Logged

FC
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 04:12:52 pm »

Surely the ones used by the larger events that are left sitting in storage could be used by the smaller events? 

Seems silly that everyone has to purchase their own, only for then to sit in storage for 50 weeks of the year?

Thanks, I was waiting for somone to say this or point it out, this is what ive being saying for a long time the CLUBS need to start talking with each other to help make any improvements on safety.
Report Spam   Logged
maz

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 10:01:24 am »

The Clubs have to remember that they are not competing against each other.  They all have the same goals with the same issues albeit in different locations.  I know it's obvious but if the costs are shared proportionally then it's far more achieveable. 

If it's found that the North West or whoever have enough, then why cant the Clubs loan then for a nominal fee and then arrange for them to go from event to event to cut down on costs.  They could then be returned to the owning club.  Obviously details to ensure responsibilites and care of the fences would need to be defined but it's achieveable.  If there's a will there's a way!
Report Spam   Logged

FC
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 03:06:35 pm »

Does anyone know for sure who owns the Airfences that are used at the NW200, is it the club, Irish Government or a third party???  Wink Wink
Report Spam   Logged
two stroke joe
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 11:03:08 pm »

The Clubs have to remember that they are not competing against each other.  They all have the same goals with the same issues albeit in different locations.  I know it's obvious but if the costs are shared proportionally then it's far more achieveable. 

If it's found that the North West or whoever have enough, then why cant the Clubs loan then for a nominal fee and then arrange for them to go from event to event to cut down on costs.  They could then be returned to the owning club.  Obviously details to ensure responsibilites and care of the fences would need to be defined but it's achieveable.  If there's a will there's a way!

you want to tell some of the clubs that so you do, especially ones who wont even listen to riders comments
Report Spam   Logged

maz

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 06:40:17 am »

I wondered if that was the problem Joe which was why I put what I did.  Just an impression I got!  Its a shame isnt it really because its infighting with your own.
Report Spam   Logged

FC
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 05:22:11 pm »

THATS WHY PURE ROAD RACING NEEDS A STRONG RIDERS REP WHO WONT TAKE ANY SHIT AND IT HAS TO BE SOMEONE WHO HAS THE RESPECT OF ALL THE RIDERS IN ANY DECISIONS HE/SHE MAY MAKE
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: