Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 19, 2024, 04:55:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

BEN WILSON THIRD IN IRELAND

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEN WILSON THIRD IN IRELAND  (Read 326 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: October 18, 2010, 10:08:25 am »

Courtsey of Helen Pask

Ben Wilson rode to a fine third place in the first Supersport race at Bishopscourt on Sunday but on lap five of the feature race – The Sunflower Trophy event – he highsided from his machine and landed heavily.

Photo by Jon Jessop Photography

The race was immediately red-flagged to allow for medics to attend to Wilson who was then taken to the Ulster Hospital in Dundonald for precautionary x-rays to his ankle and ribs. The x-rays were inconclusive and he was patched up and sent home to attend his local hospital later in the week when the swelling around his ankle subsides.

Prior to that the Lincolnshire ace from Kirton near Boston had qualified well for his three races over the Irish Sea; claiming a fifth place for the two Supersport events.

In the feature race Wilson was at a disadvantage on the Gearlink Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R as he was up against a grid full of the more powerful Superbikes but that did not deter him and he qualified as second fastest 600cc machine and ninth overall.

The first Supersport race got underway mid morning and Wilson put in a terrific performance remaining in close company with the leading duo of Marshall Neil and Sam Lowes. The three riders crossed the finish line as one with Neil taking the win by the narrowest of margins from Lowes with Wilson right in their tyre tracks just 0.4s away from victory.

Next up was the Sunflower Trophy event and Wilson began in fine form holding off the attention of TAG Honda Superbike rider Brian McCormack through the first two laps before pulling away to chase the rider some way ahead who was circulating in fifth position.

But it all came to an abrupt end for Wilson when he highsided out of the race causing the red flag to halt the race.

Wilson was unable to take any further part in the day’s racing and said: “I am feeling a bit beaten up right now with some sore ribs and a swollen ankle. It was just one of those things but that’s racing for you. I am grateful for the rapid response from the marshals and medics at the circuit who were quick to attend to me.

“At least I will not miss any racing as this was my last race of the season although I do intend to get back on board as soon as possible for a test session as I don’t want to go into the winter lay off on the back of a crash. I am just thankful it happened this week and not last when I needed the win at Oulton Park to seal my third place in the British Supersport championship!”

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: