Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 09:34:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Horice 2011

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Horice 2011  (Read 3389 times)
Willis Marshall

« on: October 17, 2010, 10:16:07 am »

With the North West 200 clashing with the proposed date for Horice 2011, I think that it will cause a few problems with those riders who where thinking of going to Czech Republic.  Looking at the BSB dates for 2011, and where they are at, in my opinion, the 18th/19th June would be a much more suitable date for Horice and one that would free alot of people up.  There is a BSB that weekend at Knockhill in Scotland, but is a full week plus after TT11, so freeing up alot more riders.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mago
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 01:10:43 pm »

Willis,

To the best of my knowledge, Horice hold a Classic Meeting on the 9th of June.
Report Spam   Logged
Willis Marshall

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 03:50:12 pm »

Ok John....but was that meant to be the 19th you posted rather than 9th June?
Report Spam   Logged
Mago
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 03:54:38 pm »

Willis,

From what Pavel, has told me, the Classic Meeting will be held #3 weeks after the  meeting provisionaly dated the #21st of May.
Report Spam   Logged
two stroke joe
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 04:46:25 pm »

well i dont give a bollox wot date the nw200 is on as i wont be going, and i would say to riders forget the nw200 wer your treated like shite go to HORICE, im deffo going back in 2011  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

TLindsay

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 07:31:31 pm »

Same as you Joe  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
roadracejoe

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 11:52:14 pm »

is the 18th June not Bush races?    i,m with you Trev  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"Talent does what it can; Genius does what it must"
wusa czech republic
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 03:33:13 pm »

Guys - the date which I published or told to you is PROVISIONAL at the moment. First we have to know dates of races of Czech Championship and Alpe Adria Cup on circuits than we can definately decide what date for 300 Zatacek will be the best.

But if we want to big irish contingent could race in Horice we have to pay our attention to dates above all TT. Thare are two priorities - Czech Champ and TT. In my opinion the best date is just weekend on May 21st - 22nd. There are reasons - it is before TT and after "Three frozen men" - three days in the middle of May when use to be very cold weather or the weather is changing very quickly. I´m sure both Trevors have remebered their first visit in Horice when during the Sunday was very cold and heavy rainy while on Saturday was over 30°C.

Czech TT (classic race) runs usually three week after 300 Zatacek, I´m sure the same will be next year. Unfortunately it will be probably last classic event in Horice. Club is going to prepare some changes from 2012 and it seems that CzechTT could be transormed to another event for modern bikes. But at the moment it is only idea, no plans yet.

I´m sure if top irish riders try Horice races, NW will have big problem to obtain them for their event in future.

in Horice
ROLL ON HORICE
Report Spam   Logged
Mago
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 04:09:45 pm »

Pavel the biggest problem that I can see, is that traditionaly The N/West is used by riders, to set ther'e bikes up for the TT.
Report Spam   Logged
wusa czech republic
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 04:28:46 pm »

John, I understand but last three years both events clashed too. Or their dates were very close. That´s fact. Like NW or TT or another races have got their traditional dates we have it too. Our traditional date used to by last weekend on May. Due TT it´s not possible and now we could move it again? Our racing calendar is full too so I don´t bealive we could do it.

Maybe organizers of NW could do it  Wink It would be great beau geste  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Mago
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 04:40:43 pm »

Pavel,

I would prefer, Horice to the N/West, but would many of the better known riders, who will get ther'e set up time - possible start money - for less distance to travel, be willing to forgo The N/West for Horice.

I feel that if Horice could attract some of the upper echelon of riders, ther'e would be no other meeting to compare with it.
Report Spam   Logged
wusa czech republic
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 05:07:07 pm »

Thanx for your words. I think I can compare Horice to another irish events and have to say we run our event on top level. So I´m sure top your riders will discover their way to Horice in very near future some of them in 2011. Michael Paerson is very good example of it. 
Report Spam   Logged
FC
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 06:13:49 pm »

Mags on talking to a few riders, it looks like quite a few are prepared to miss the NW 200, this needs to be clarified by the riders so as to help the Horice club, Time to get on the phone Mags
Report Spam   Logged
two stroke joe
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 10:42:45 am »

well you cant blame riders on missing the north west, a lot of irish riders are treated like shite at the north west, just ask them, and they will tell you, i have already heard of one and hes a TT winner who is seriouslt thinking of giving it a miss and heading to horice

as for me i will be asking the 125/250 lads to think of going over to horice in 2011, but the down side is the travel cost of getting over.
the horice club would have to be accomadeting to some of there costs, which i dont know if this is possiable or not due to there funding club wise
but i for one will not be at the north west in 2011, but will be in horice  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

FC
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 03:48:32 pm »

Joe where are you traveling from to get to Horice
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: