Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 05:34:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Time to Stop

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to Stop  (Read 5054 times)
Mago
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 06:22:55 pm »

seems someone wants it stopped as to get rounds of the IRRC championship brought over to Ireland, i wonder how much truth there is in this no smoke without a fire im sure we will be hearing more about this

How does that make any sense, The IRRC is a championship made up of riders from Holland, Germany and Belgium competing on 600 and 1000cc machines, The IRRC has a very good safety record something in my opinion would like to keep. A round of the IRRC will never be held in Ireland based on costs and facilities, riders from Ireland and the UK will be invited to race in the championship which may see more changes next year.

Colin, please correct me if I am wrong?

Apart from riders coming from Holland, Germany and Belgium, is there not to be a forth group added next year encapsulating riders from Ireland and the U.K.

To devide the groups equaly, would this not mean that #8 riders from each group would be eledgible to enter?

Taking this projection a bit further, would it not mean that at least one round, possibly two would have to be held in Ireland/The U.K.?
Report Spam   Logged
maz

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 07:08:29 pm »

The IRRC will have a good safety record when you consider how many races they hold and the fact that they have been running the same 6 or 7 years.  Culturally they have a different approach to the UK and Ireland, the UK ironically being more concerned with risk etc. than in Europe.  When you consider how many events are held in Northern Ireland and Ireland and how many people compete, how many miles are covered, it may be hard to hold up a comparison.

If The IRRC do extend their championship surely this would be an additional race within an existing meeting which is what they do at the moment?

Report Spam   Logged

FC
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 07:11:43 pm »

seems someone wants it stopped as to get rounds of the IRRC championship brought over to Ireland, i wonder how much truth there is in this no smoke without a fire im sure we will be hearing more about this

How does that make any sense, The IRRC is a championship made up of riders from Holland, Germany and Belgium competing on 600 and 1000cc machines, The IRRC has a very good safety record something in my opinion would like to keep. A round of the IRRC will never be held in Ireland based on costs and facilities, riders from Ireland and the UK will be invited to race in the championship which may see more changes next year.

Colin, please correct me if I am wrong?

Apart from riders coming from Holland, Germany and Belgium, is there not to be a forth group added next year encapsulating riders from Ireland and the U.K.

To devide the groups equaly, would this not mean that #8 riders from each group would be eledgible to enter?

Taking this projection a bit further, would it not mean that at least one round, possibly two would have to be held in Ireland/The U.K.?

Mago you were with me at the time it was discussed, It was said it would be nice to have four teams of 8 riders with a possible round at Olivers Mount, this venue was said to be a non starter as the Club would want a payment (said by other). What is being proposed is that the IRRC would become an open event depending on entries, if enough interest is shown it could be run with the top 32 qualifiers in the main event and the non qualifiers going into another race. These are only proposals being put about and until the clubs have sat down over the winter no one knows what will happen, but I'm sure that there will not be a round in the UK next year,but if there was it would be at a similar venue as to those being used now (Oulton Park)
Report Spam   Logged
Mago
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 08:52:10 pm »

Colin, yes I was with you but did not take all onboard, what was being said, and was not sure, if there had been any more disscussisons, Re this subject.
Report Spam   Logged
Malcolm

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 09:59:37 am »

I was told that in the south the farmersand landownwers received European grants to improve the state of their lands and to make improvements to the benefit of the farms and the local communities, if this is true how much in reality has been spent on improvements.
Most farmers get grants all right its called the reps scheme..
But its for upkeep of farm buildings upkeep of old stone walls hedge rows making area's of natural habitat for wild life etc etc etc.
Each farm is handed a list of things they need to do each year and failure to comply can result in the payment been stopped ..
Report Spam   Logged
FC
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 12:12:56 pm »

I was told that in the south the farmersand landownwers received European grants to improve the state of their lands and to make improvements to the benefit of the farms and the local communities, if this is true how much in reality has been spent on improvements.
Most farmers get grants all right its called the reps scheme..
But its for upkeep of farm buildings upkeep of old stone walls hedge rows making area's of natural habitat for wild life etc etc etc.
Each farm is handed a list of things they need to do each year and failure to comply can result in the payment been stopped ..

Thanks for the reply, here is a situation where talks should have taken place with those issuing the grants to see if improvements could be adopted withing the grant scheme
Report Spam   Logged
Mago
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 11:41:52 am »

Colin,

I have thought long and hard, Re what has been posted on here/what I heard in F/Burg.

The I.R.R.C. Championship seems to be a great series, and lets hope that it continues to florish.

However, the Irish Road Races have long been a breeding/training ground for the MGP/TT.

If racing on the Irish roads were to be stopped, where would these riders then come from/where would they gain experience of racing on real roads,

It is only by a long stretch of the imagation, that circuits such as Frohburg can be classed as a road race circuit.

Circuits such as Horice and Terlikco are real road race circuits, but how many riders wanting to get into the sport/wanting to gain experience, ( of racing on real roads ) would be able to afford to attend these meetings/would be able to get an entry.

What would your feelings be, in lets say in perhaps three years from now, seeing the Newcomers line up on Glencrutchery Road, having never competed in a real road race prior to the MGP?
Report Spam   Logged
FC
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2010, 12:19:13 pm »

Mago, 50 newcomers started at the MGP this year how many of then cut their teeth on the Irish Roads. My postings has not been brought on by the loss of a friend but based on my own opinions of how safe some roads are now. Its now been a few year now since Ive allowed my bikes to race at the nationals ever though riders have asked for them. It used to be a rare situation to hear of spectators being killed or injured on the roads, but how many have over the past five years. I dont want see the loss of the 600/1000cc bikes racing, all im asking is more safety measures are put in place to an acceptable standard and inspected by an independent panel of maybe ex riders prior to any licence being granted, if this does not happen then i fear the insurance companies will put an end to all racing which is not fare on the clubs that have made an effort.
Report Spam   Logged
maz

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2010, 12:25:33 pm »

I've re-read all the comments here and on another forum and one thing is for certain and I think we all agree on is that we dont want the racing to stop. However we dont want to experience the pain and loss of those that are close to us be it racer or spectator.

One thing has occurred to me though (its been triggered by comments from another forum) when I read that the riders are riding 100% more like circuit racing as opposed to the 85% which it used to be on the roads.  I think this is very true road racers who used to jump back to circuits could have been considered as riding more relaxed as it were!

Is this because there are less risks than there were on the roads?  It is human nature to take more risks when the perception of it being safe to do so is increased.  Is this another reason why there are fewer accidents on the 1000s?  Is this because riders ride more at about 80-90% at the Southern 100 one of the ACU high risk circuits?  The risks are the same year on year, the two walls, the one on the left and the one on the right!  Macau another case in point - you cant make a mistake otherwise you hurt yourself?

I'm not saying for one minute things shouldnt be improved but this is something to think about.

At the Southern in 2009 the newcomers (from circuit racing) were very obvious as they tried to barge their way through on the first corner.
Report Spam   Logged

FC
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 04:09:20 pm »

Some good ideas have been posted on www.realroadracing.com  regarding safety issues by riders, officials and fans, which in my opinion is good because it shows than some do care if the racing is to continue.
Report Spam   Logged
FC
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 11:34:42 am »

Ryan Farquar has give an interview which will be in next months Road Racer Mag, worth checking out
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: