Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 05:50:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Dunlop Aims For Triple success at Killalane

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dunlop Aims For Triple success at Killalane  (Read 387 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: September 08, 2010, 07:04:33 pm »

WILLIAM DUNLOP RACING

Ballymoney rider William Dunlop goes into the final Irish Road Race of the season this Sunday, when the 25 year old will be hoping to make it a hat trick of Irish Road Race Championships at the Killalane Road Races in North County Dublin.

Dunlop, who has already sewn up the 250cc Irish Road Race title for 2010, has high expectations that he can also add the 125cc and Supersport 600 titles to his CV, with William up beat prior to this weekends meeting.

With a 19pts advantage over cousin Paul Robinson in the 125cc class, and just four points behind Dungannons Ryan Farquhar in the Supersport 600 title chase, William as ever, is hoping for a dry race day on Sunday so he can really have a good go at making it a three timer of Irish Championships.

William Dunlop: "At the moment I am building up my 125 Honda as I just got hold of new seals for the bike on Wednesday, so its a race against time at the moment.  I will be riding in the 125, 250, Supersport 600 and Superbike Class's at Killalane, but its the 125 and Supersport 600 races that will be major on my agenda.   

A top ten finish in the 125 class will be good enough to take the Championship on the number of wins, but as you know, I will be going all out for the win proper on Sunday.   

I have know doubt that Paul (Robinson) will push me hard, but if I have to keep one place behind him that will do.   

The Supersport 600 race will be a bit more difficult, with Ryan leading the way on 110 points from myself on 106, and then Michael on 99.   

Michael will be keen to do well on his sponsors home track, so he will be the man to beat I think in the race.   In a nut shell I need to be about two places in front of Ryan at the chequered flag, so it will be a close race to say the least.    I will be riding Chris Dowds 600 Yamaha, which I believe is the bike to have around the Killalane circuit, so its up to me at the end of the day.   

I will also be using Chris's GSXR1000 Suzuki in the Superbike races, so hopefully I can put it to good use.   After Killalane I will be heading over to Scarborough for the Gold Cup, and after that, it will either be the penultimate round of the British 125GP Class at Silverstone, or if not, a trip to Froberg in Germany.   

I will see how Killalane pens out first before making my mind up.   It also looks like I will be riding in the two 125 races at the Sunflower next month, and it will probably be the only class that I compete in at it, but who knows what might happen".

2010 Irish Road Race Championship Standings.

125cc

William Dunlop     Honda     161pts

Paul Robinson      Honda     142pts

Wayne Kennedy    Honda     90pts

250cc

William Dunlop      Honda     141pts   *Champion*

Davy Morgan        Honda       97pts

Barry Davidson      Honda       84pts

Supersport 600

Ryan Farquhar      Kawasaki    110pts

William Dunlop     Yamaha      106pts

Michael Dunlop     Yamaha       99pts

Senior

Ryan Farquhar      Kawasaki     125pts  *Champion*

Michael Dunlop     Honda          93pts

John Burrows       Suzuki          75pts

William Dunlop     Suzuki          60pts  (6th)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: