Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 11:31:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

William Doubles up at Walderstown.

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William Doubles up at Walderstown.  (Read 423 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: July 11, 2010, 07:26:18 pm »

Courtsey of Willis Marshall

William Dunlop showed his true class on the two stroke machines during Sundays Race of the South at Walderstown near Athlone, after the Ballymoney rider notched up a double in the Ultra Lightweight 125cc race, and the Lightweight 250cc race, with both races ending up a family affair with Williams brother Michael, and cousin Paul Robinson both biting at Dunlops heels as he crossed the line both times.

Picture:  William Dunlop in the 2009 Southern 100 where he will start as favourite in this weeks 250cc race.

A new circuit outright lap record in the Grand Final, rounded off a good weekend for William who set sail for the Southern 100 in the Isle of Man on Sunday night.

William Dunlop:
"It turned out not so bad a weekend after all, and I quite enjoyed the racing.   On Saturday, it looked like we where going to have to go home after practice was abandoned due to the rain, but thankfully Sunday turned out to be a good day with some good racing.    My first win came in the 125 race where Paul Robinson gave me a run for my money, and I think that at the line there was only one second between us.   

The 250 race was equally as tough with Michael really giving me a hard time, but I think my 250 Honda has a slight edge, and I was able to keep Michael at bay by just over two seconds.

Again, Michael and I had a good scrap in the Supersport 600 race in which he got the better of me, but I was still happy enough with 2nd place.  To get the new lap record in the Grand Final was a bit of a bonus, but I had to work hard for it.   Is now off to the Southern 100 where I would expect the racing to be really hard, and with Ryan in a winning run after Scarborough, he will be the man to beat I would think, but I will be giving it my all in all class's".

Walderstown Results:

125cc Race
1st William Dunlop - 2nd Paul Robinson - 3rd Wayne Kennedy - 4th Sam Dunlop - 5th Jeff Shaw

250cc Race
1st William Dunlop - 2nd Michael Dunlop - 3rd Davy Morgan - 4th Barry Davidson - 5th E. Hughes

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: