Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 11:06:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trouble Looming for TT future

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble Looming for TT future  (Read 1129 times)
beurling

« on: June 11, 2010, 09:35:15 am »

There appaears to be some serious trouble brewing over the future of the TT.

Marshalls are thinking of packing it in in their droves... due to riders ignoring flags.

During the incident on lap one yesterday where Paul Dobbs was tragically killed atleast 3 of the top riders ignored the yellow flags and went through at race pace endangering themselves and the marshalls.

all the other riders apparently acknowledged the yellow flags...Paul Owen bless him stopped and helped the marshalls for the rest of the race.

However with marshalls and the IOMTTMA in uproar over this we should all be very very worried.

i for one think that the riders involved should be punished..not as an example but because the rules are there to protect everybody for the good of the tt...of course everybody knows the risks but imagine if one of those leading riders had ploughed into a marshall at full speed during an incident...it could possibly be the final nail in the TT coffin and nobody wants that.

Interestingly a quote from Keith Amor after the race " how anybody could break the lap record with waved yellows on the lap is beyond me "

thoughts are welcomed.

link to iom tt forum to read the marshalls fury
http://www.iomtt.com/Home/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=210722
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

James Carroll

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 10:23:36 am »

its not the first race this week when the top men were on lap record pace wih waved yellows and I wondered about that myself,how can you be on lap record pace with waved yellow?

And now Keith Amor has said what I and I'm sure other knowledgable race fans were  thinking and we all know the riders that he's talking about..anyone guilty of disobeying such flags should be disqualified,after all lives are at risk here.

this is road racing,not short circuit racing and the stakes are so much higher,it just seems there are a couple of lads at the TT this year that think winning at any cost is all that counts,and will take any risk to achieve that goal...

just take a step back,put it all into perspective,think about the tragedy yesterday and the heroic actions of Paul Owen,now there is a true gentleman and hero of this TT week....it won't ever be forgotten what you did yesterday Paul,hats off to a true TT legend....
Report Spam   Logged
FC
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 11:07:43 am »

A statement has just been made by the ACU that they are to investigate the actions by some of the top riders in yesterdays race when they ignored the flags at both fatalities yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged
Mago
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 11:21:23 am »

Colin,

Do you remember what  Mike Culverhouse wanted to do with a certain sidecar driver years ago.

Get him off the Island in a matter of a few hours, and give him a non allowed on The Island ban for a specified amount of time, well thats what should happen here, along with any result deemed to have been acheived by ignoring yellow flags, to declared null and void. It would be dead easy to implement, (slap a time penelty on the rider/s concerned.)

Well done to Paul Owen, a pint or two will be placed in front of him, next time that we meet up.
Report Spam   Logged
beurling

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 11:39:26 am »

i will most definately be buying paul a pint or two if we ever meet..it would be an honou=r

the riders need to think..the races are always on again next year..life is for once..and the survival of the racing and the people who make it happen should always be put before a race win imho
Report Spam   Logged
Nod
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 11:49:25 am »

A Sector Marshal would have the authority to call for a rider who breeched any of the cautionary flags to be black flagged further up the circuit.
Report Spam   Logged
Roadking

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 12:53:04 pm »

TV on-board footage should explain all! Lets hope the organisers have the gonads to disqualify and ban the offenders. A total lack of respect for the lives of marshals who are there to save lives, is mind boggling!
I heard one rider on the radio, tell Chris Tinsley that he would have no problem putting Guy Martin into the hedge!!??!?!! Why was this idiot allowed to race?
Report Spam   Logged
beurling

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 01:30:38 pm »

any rider that even threatens to put another rider in a hedge shouldnt be racing...EVER!

the safety of everybody can only work if the riders trust each other to not do something deliberately dangerous..i cant even believe anybody would say something like that!!!

racing incidents happen especially with aggressive riders about..guy...mikey d etc etc.. BUT that's there natural riding and am pretty sure they sure as hell wouldnt bump someone off on purpose..astonishingly disgusting behaviour if true!
Report Spam   Logged
Mago
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 06:28:47 pm »

any rider that even threatens to put another rider in a hedge shouldnt be racing...EVER!

the safety of everybody can only work if the riders trust each other to not do something deliberately dangerous..i cant even believe anybody would say something like that!!!

racing incidents happen especially with aggressive riders about..guy...mikey d etc etc.. BUT that's there natural riding and am pretty sure they sure as hell wouldnt bump someone off on purpose..astonishingly disgusting behaviour if true!

I hate to have to say this because I like the lad, It was Micky D who made the remark on Radio TT Re putting Guy into a Hedge, I doubt that this comment was made in a serious context, I reckon that Micky, comes out with some pretty colorfull language/statements, in the hope that sooner or later, the Media will leave him alone, after all, he can't tell them to feck off, but he can make them avoid him, in fear of what he might say in a live broadcast.
Report Spam   Logged
Nod
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 06:48:45 pm »

A statement has just been made by the ACU that they are to investigate the actions by some of the top riders in yesterdays race when they ignored the flags at both fatalities yesterday.

Well the winnder of the Martin Finnegan Memorial Trophy for the fastest lap by an Irish rider has already been presented by Peter Finnegan to MD for his 131.odd lap
Report Spam   Logged
beurling

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 09:27:18 pm »

i like MD too..i think he gets a bad press..he's had a lot to deal with the last few years and he should calm down in the end..he's only 22 and we all say things we shouldnt i guess
Report Spam   Logged
FC
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 10:48:31 am »

Talking to one of the marshals yesterday and he explained that they were told that action would be taken against the three riders involved. It was to be done after the last race yesterday, this was due to the threat by the marshals (many) to withdraw from marshaling yesterday. Nothing has been done or will be due to the names of the riders.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: