Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 09:31:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Amor takes brilliant podium finish in Supersport TT

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amor takes brilliant podium finish in Supersport TT  (Read 247 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: June 10, 2010, 08:34:07 pm »

Courtsey of Phil Wain - Freelance PR

Keith Amor took a brilliant third place finish in today's second Supersport TT race, the Falkirk ace continuing his run of top six finishes at this year's event. Riding the Kojak Racing Honda, Keith came through from an opening lap fourth to overhaul Guy Martin on the final lap to secure his fourth podium finish around the Mountain Course.

Picture by Paul Woodlock

Blustery conditions in the morning had eased for the 4-lap race by the 2.45pm start time and with warm sunshine and bright blue skies, it was again a great scene for racing and, keen to make amends for the mistakes he made in Monday's race, Keith put in an opening lap of 124.922mph to lie in fourth place. Just over four seconds adrift of Martin, Keith went quicker on the second lap at 125.150mph but so too did his Honda rival and the gap was 7.28s as they came in to refuel at half race distance. However, a brilliant pit stop by the team saw Keith gain some time and as they went in to the second half of the race, Keith began to make his move.

A third lap of 120.320mph saw him claw back almost all of the deficit and as they went in to the final 37.73-miles, Keith was only a second behind and by Glen Helen on the final lap he had taken over the final podium position by 1.4seconds. By Ramsey, he had extended his advantage to 4 seconds and with a superb final lap of 126.508mph, he held on comfortably, to take the third place by over 5 seconds for yet another TT podium.

Speaking afterwards, a delighted Keith said: "I'm really pleased to have taken that third place today and although I had an electrical problem with the bike, I kept going and am well chuffed to be on the podium. The quickshifter wasn't working right from the first lap onwards so that slowed me down a wee bit and there were a few yellow flags, which I obviously slowed right down for but, apart from that, it was a really enjoyable ride. The handling of the Ten Kate Honda was amazing, and the Dunlop tyres were superb so the bike was so much fun to ride but I just wished I'd have pushed a bit harder on the opening lap."

"After the mistakes I made on Monday, I was really conscious of not doing the same again so maybe I was a bit cautious but it's great to be back on the podium again although I'm getting a bit fed up with third - I just need to take a couple more steps! A few months ago, I couldn't have envisaged this and this result is testament to all the people I've got around me. My family and friends have been absolutely brilliant and the boys in the team have worked so hard to get me here so this result is for all of them."

Keith will be back out on the HM Plant Honda for Friday's 6-lap Senior race, the final event of the 2010 TT races.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: