Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 11:14:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

New lap record and two top six finishes for Amor at TT

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New lap record and two top six finishes for Amor at TT  (Read 228 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: June 07, 2010, 09:06:39 pm »

Courtsey of Phil Wain - Freelance PR

Pictures by Mark 'Wally Walters

Keith Amor enjoyed a strong day of racing on the Isle of Man on Monday when he set a new lap record and finished 4th in the Supersport race on the Kojak Racing Honda, despite hitting his left shoulder on the railings at Braddan Bridge on the opening lap. To round out a good day on the Island, he also finished sixth on the WA Corless/Jackson Racing BMW in the Superstock race recording a hugely impressive 189mph through the speed trap.

Conditions around the Mountain Course were perfect for some high speed racing and the day got off to a record breaking start in the 4-lap Supersport race although it was almost over before it had begun for Keith due to the aforementioned collision with the railings. As a result he found himself down in seventh place at the end of the opening lap but, despite an extremely painful shoulder, he increased his speed on lap two to 124.608mph to close in on the riders in front of him. A good pit stop saw him make up even further time and by the end of lap 3 he was up to fifth. Now firmly in his stride, Keith and the Honda were really flying on the final lap and with a new lap record of 126.909mph he was able to claim fourth at the chequered flag.

There was little rest for Keith and, after a quick trip to the medical centre to get his shoulder checked over, he was back out in the 4-lap Superstock race. An opening lap of 128.179mph saw Keith slot in to fifth place, with the times incredibly close between the top ten riders and with a near identical lap time second time around, 128.194mph, he was able to maintain his position. On the third lap, Keith and the BMW were pushed back to sixth by Guy Martin and although he lapped quicker than his Honda rival on the final lap, he missed out on fifth by just 0.21s after over 150 miles of racing!

Speaking afterwards, a slightly disappointed Keith said: "Frustration's the word today and I haven't got the results I was hoping for. In the morning's Supersport race, I went off way too fast and paid for being too aggressive as I was making far too many mistakes, not least the one at Braddan Bridge. I thought my race was over after that but I wasn't going to quit as the TT only comes around once a year so I pressed on as much as I could. After the pit stop, I got my head together and got in to the groove but it was a shame it came too late in to the race and I was unable to fight for the podium. It was a bit of a consolation to get the lap record but I need to get a better start on Wednesday and put today right."

"The Superstock race started off quite well and for the first half of the lap the bike was working really well but we've struggled all week to get the bike set-up properly and as soon as the tyres get warm or the suspension hots up, grip becomes a major issue and that's what happened again. The bike became a real handful and almost uncontrollable so I couldn't physically have gone any faster. The bike's an absolute missile in a straight line but with no grip through the corners it was a real tough race which wasn't helped by losing the back brake on the first lap! I also lost about 10-15 seconds one lap when both Ian Lougher and I got waved off the course at Governor's Bridge - I thought Ian was on his way to the supermarket! We both got going again but it's just a bit frustrating as the boys in the team have put in so much hard work and I thought we had a great chance today. At the same time though sixth first time out around here on the BMW is a solid result."

Keith's next race comes at 10.45am on Wednesday with the second 4-lap Supersport race.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: