Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 16, 2024, 05:53:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Seeley Ends Irish Superbike Drought

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeley Ends Irish Superbike Drought  (Read 229 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: May 15, 2010, 03:48:06 pm »

The ‘wee wizard’ Alastair Seeley became the first Irishman in thirteen years to win a superbike race at the North West 200 after a magical ride on the Relentless Suzuki to fend off the determined challenge of Stuart Easton and John McGuinness, the first superbike winner.

Easton led into York from the start ahead of McGuinness and Guy Martin.

By Mill Road Roundabout McGuinness was in front and on the run through Station to University McGuinness, Easton, Martin and Ian Hutchinson were side by side and nose to tail in a slipstreaming duel, the HM Plant rider first onto the roundabout at Ballysally.

At the end of the first lap of four Easton was in front from McGuinness, Martin and Seeley making huge inroads from his starting position.

On lap twp Seeley hit the front at Mathers Chicane, but Easton hit back at Metropole and a two-man battle ensued as McGuinness watched from third the trio pulling clear of Martin and Hutchinson.

On lap three Seeley set the fastest lap of the race at 121.875mph and take a 1.1sec lead over Easton into the fourth and final lap.

Easton didn’t give up and hit back to out brake Seeley into Metropole only for the Carrickfergus man to hit back at Church, taking a race winning lead and become the first Irishman since Phillip McCallen in 1997 to win a superbike race at the North West 200.

Seeley celebrated by throwing his gloves into the grandstand and afterwards said, “That was the big one, that’s the one they all want to win. I knew from the first race I wasn’t far away so concentrated on the start to make sure I was with the leading pack. It was nip and tuck on the last lap into Metropole and Church where I got onto the lead and just rode a tight line.”

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: