Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 18, 2024, 01:26:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

COOKSTOWN 100: DONALD BACK ON RACE FORM

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COOKSTOWN 100: DONALD BACK ON RACE FORM  (Read 237 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: April 26, 2010, 07:06:53 am »

By David Miller

Relentless Suzuki's Cameron Donald proved he is back in full race trim with a brace of second places at today's Cookstown 100 and chased Superbike winner Ryan Farquhar all the way in the final big race.

The Antipodean had a big crash at last year's TT but has clearly recovered from the shoulder injury to run some fast laps at the Irish track.

"I'm very happy. Of course I never race to finish second, but we did say today was all about feeling our way back in and progressing with the Superbike; we have achieved both of those goals so I'm going home a happy man. The difference between national road racing and the international stuff is like chalk and cheese - it really shocked me in that first race.

"I have never been ultra-successful here at Cookstown with its stop-start nature, preferring the fast and flowing circuits, but I did take Ryan Farquhar all the way in that last Superbike race.

"He's the man on form and I won't take that away from him, but I sat back and watched for a few laps and did think I had the measure of him. Unfortunately I made a small mistake coming onto the last lap and those 50 yards made the difference between winning and finishing second.

"In the 600cc race I got caught up in a bit of 'riff-raff' which made me laugh a bit as there were some whacky moves being pulled on me. It was a good spin-out and fourth place at the end wasn't so bad. It's been a good day."

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: