Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 19, 2024, 11:21:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Lorenzo to appear at Isle of Man TT!

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorenzo to appear at Isle of Man TT!  (Read 231 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: April 14, 2010, 08:51:13 am »

To celebrate its third year of involvement in the world famous Isle of Man TT races, Dainese has announced today that Moto GP star Jorge Lorenzo and Grand Prix legend Angel Nieto will both attend this year's festival in June.

Dainese was appointed the TT's Official Safety Partner in 2008 and has used the demanding event as a test-bed for the innovative D-Air system. TT racer Guy Martin has been crucial in development work and has collaborated closely with Dainese's engineers in preparing the D-Air system for eventual commercial availability.

This year, the Spanish pairing of Lorenzo and Nieto will attend the blue riband Dainese Senior TT, completing a lap of the course on two wheels before the competitors set off for the six-lap race.

Lorenzo's Fiat Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi completed a similar demo run last year alongside Giacomo Agostini.

“I'm very glad to have the opportunity to be at the Tourist Trophy this year and ride the Yamaha R1 together with Angel,” Lorenzo said. “It will be a great honour for me, because this is one of the most famous and epic races, it still keeps all the meaning of real motorcycling and pilots who ride here deserve the biggest respect. Further more I will bring my experience in testing the D-air racing in Moto GP, as a Dainese Safety ambassador."

Nieto won 90 Grands Prix and 13 world championships during an illustrious racing career, and said he too was looking forward to the event.

“It was many years ago last time I've been on the Isle of Man and it will be a great emotion to be there again, at the Tourist Trophy,” he said. “It is a very difficult circuit, only for very talented pilots, and a special race, very different from the Moto GP ones. To win the TT has always been very important for any racers. I am very keen to see if and how it changed.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: