Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 19, 2024, 08:50:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

PEARSON TAKES OPENING SS600 VICTORY

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEARSON TAKES OPENING SS600 VICTORY  (Read 281 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: April 02, 2010, 07:52:25 pm »

Courtsey of Michael Pearson Racing

Carryduff Forklifts backed Kawasaki rider, Michael Pearson, took the opening Irish Supersport 600cc Championship win of 2010, at a wet and cold Good Friday Irish Superbike Meeting at Bishopscourt in Co-Down.

Picture by Alan Armstrong

Pearson, who is still recovering from a hand injury sustained at the same circuit two weeks ago, was simply unstoppable as he set the fastest lap of the race on his ninth and final circuit of the 1.8mile circuit, to take the victory by 0.7 seconds from Jonny Buckley (Module R&R Yamaha) and Australian, Cameron Donald (Relentless Suzuki).

Pearsons epic win, looked like being short lived, as he was give a 10 second penalty by the race organisers for arriving to late in the holding area before the race. 

Pearsons Team, lodged a protest against the penalty to the race stewards, which was upheld, and Pearson rightfuly given the victory.

Earlier in the day, Pearson got his 600 Carryduff Forklifts Kawasaki into the top eight of the Sail to Pole, and will start the three Irish Superbike races, and the Enkalon Trophy race on Saturday, on the second row of the grid.

Michael Pearson:
  "Its been an ok day.  The win on the 600 was really good, as I felt I rode really hard, and I had to fight hard to keep Jonny Buckley at bay, who's Yamaha was really flying.  He was out braking me all the time, and I knew that it was going to be close between him and I.   I was aware that Cameron Donald was not far behind us, but to be honest, it was Buckley who gave me the biggest test of them all.  I stuck in the fastest lap on the final circuit and in the end I had almost half a second to spare over Jonny and Cameron.   To be told after the race that I had been docked 10 seconds for some stupid reason in the holding area was really the biscuit.  It almost ruined a great race, but in the end, common sense prevailed.   I am also pleased to have got the 600 into the top eight of the Superbike classes, which was working out in my favour on the smaller bike in the wet conditions, so I guess I was taking my advantages where and when I could.    Hopefully it will be wet on Saturday, as I think I could suprise a few on the Carryduff Kawasaki".

Willis Marshall: (Team Manager)  "A very exciting start to the new season you could say.  Yes, it was a very worth while day for Michael and the team, which at times where very difficult.   Michael again showed that he can really mix it with the best in any class, and the Carryduff Forklifts Kawasaki Supersport bike is really flying.    Eighth place in the Sail to Pole for the Superbikes for me, was the ride of the day, as Michael was really pushing the big bikes on his 600.  Of course, we all wish for it to be dry on Saturday, but with Michael riding the 600 in the Superbike classes, a wet race would be to his advantage.  The little problem with the 10 second penalty is not worth going into detail on, lets just say that a rule was worded incorrectly".

IRISH SUPERSPORT 600 CHAMPIONSHIPS RESULT

1 = Michael Pearson         Carryduff Forklifts Kawasaki                                25pts
2 = Jonny Buckley             Module Road & Race Yamaha                            20pts
3 = Cameron Donald         Relentless Suzuki                                                16pts
4 = Glenn Irwin                  Honda                                                                   13pts
5 = Kirk Jamison                Mar-Train Yamaha                                                11pts
6 = Robert Lanigan            DLM Yamaha                                                        10pts

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: