Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 10:57:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Hudson Kennaugh to make Isle of Man TT debut

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hudson Kennaugh to make Isle of Man TT debut  (Read 228 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: March 21, 2010, 08:07:44 pm »

South African rider Hudson Kennaugh was announced as the latest International newcomer for the 2010 Isle of Man TT during the Official Media Launch Day.

Kennaugh has a superb racing CV and is arguably one of the most high profile riders of recent years to make their TT debut.

The 29-year-old will need no introduction to short circuit racing fans in the UK, having competed in the British championships since 2006. After enjoying success in both his homeland and on the International stage, he has now decided the time is right to tackle the Mountain Course.

His 2010 TT debut promises to be a mouth-watering prospect for all road racing fans.

Kennaugh, who has a Manx grandmother, started racing at 5 in mini motocross, but by 13 he had turned his attention to tarmac, immediately clinching the South African 50cc Championship.

The next few years were spent in the 125cc and 250cc classes before moving to four strokes. In 2003 he finished third in the South African Supersport 600cc category and a year later took the South African Superbike 1000cc Championship.

Having conquered his homeland, Kennaugh moved to Europe and won the prestigious Suzuki GSXR World Cup in 2005. He moved to Britain the following year and immediately impressed, finishing third in the 2007 British Superstock Championship and runner-up in the 2008 British Supersport Championship, recording numerous wins and podiums.

He also had a number of outings for the works Yamaha team in BSB and made wildcard appearances when the World Championship was in the UK. He recorded a superb fifth placed finish in the World Supersport round at Brands Hatch in 2008.

Kennaugh will contest all five solo classes and has already been to the Isle of Man to familiarise himself with the course. He has also studied numerous on board DVDs.

Speaking about his TT debut, he said:

“Competing at the Isle of Man TT will be a dream come true for me and now I’ve been over to the Island and seen the course ‘live’, I can’t wait for the first practice session.”

“Having competed in the British Championships for four years now, I’ve ridden against many of the TT stars and have heard plenty of positive comments so it now feels right to make my debut.”

“With a Manx grandmother there’s plenty of Isle of Man knowledge within my family too and whilst I know it will be quite different to anything I’ve done before, I’m up for the challenge and aim to give a good account of myself at TT2010 becoming a regular in future years.”

TT Rider Liaison Officer Richard Quayle added:

“Hudson has all the skill required to be a real success on the mountain course and I’m sure he’ll apply himself correctly as he’s the consummate professional.”

“He’s the kind of rider that could build himself a long career in road racing and I’m sure everyone will be really keen to see how he goes this year.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: