Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 18, 2024, 11:15:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Capirossi: Real men go road racing, MotoGP for girls

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Capirossi: Real men go road racing, MotoGP for girls  (Read 350 times)
suzukimad07
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:49:44 pm »

MotoGP legend Loris Capirossi is heading to the Isle of Man TT – but will only experience the iconic Mountain Circuit from a car.

Suzuki MotoGP star Loris Capirossi has quipped that road racing is for the sport's 'real men' - and that the premier class in which he has competed in twelve seasons since 1995 is only 'for girls'.

The three-time world champion said he hopes to be in the Isle of Man for this year's TT, which runs from 29 May to 11 June, to help Suzuki mark 50 years of competition.

Speaking at the star-studded Adelaide Racer Awards in Belfast, Capirossi admitted his admiration of road racers and quipped, by comparison, that he is 'really a girl'.

“Compared to what you guys do I am really a girl, you are real men,” the Italian joked. “I am 100 per cent not thinking about ever going road racing!

“I hope to be in the Isle of Man during TT week to help celebrate Suzuki's 50 years in road racing, but I will be going round in a car!”

Capirossi was guest of honour at the awards ceremony, which was also attended by stars past and present from road racing, World Superbikes, World Supersport, British Superbikes and more.

In addition to handing out some of the evening's accolades, the 36-year-old was himself presented with the Adelaide Lifetime Achievement Award.

Other stars whose accomplishments were officially recognised on the night included 2009 World Supersport Champion Cal Crutchlow, top British Superbike rookie Ian Lowry, World Superbike race-winner Jonathan Rea, British Supersport Champion Steve Plater, leading road racer Ryan Farquhar and World Supersport runner-up Eugene Laverty, who was named Irish Motorcyclist of the Year.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: