Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 09:06:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

TT 2010 clash with British MotoGP avoided

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TT 2010 clash with British MotoGP avoided  (Read 541 times)
itsnota400

Itsnota400!

« on: November 12, 2009, 03:01:29 pm »

http://www.iomtoday.co.im

A POTENTIAL date-clash between next year's British round of the Moto GP and the TT has been avoided.
Originally scheduled for June 6, the GP – the first to be held at the new venue of Silverstone in Northamptonshire – would have been on Mad Sunday, bang in the middle of TT fortnight and the day after the opening TT race. Now, the MotoGP round at Silverstone is scheduled to take place on June 20.

Commenting on the apparent change of heart by racing's governing body the FIM, Tourism and Leisure Minister Martyn Quayle MHK said: 'It's fantastic news. Our motorsport team went to Silverstone to argue the case and see if the clash could have been avoided. We are absolutely delighted because it will encourage more visitors to come to the Island.'

Mr Quayle said plans were being made to provide a big screen allowing TT fans in the Island to see the Silverstone Moto GP had it taken place on June 6. He added the screen would still be available as an added attraction for fans to watch the Mugello Moto GP which is the round now scheduled for that date.
Writing in MCN on June 27 this year, journalist Gary Pinchin said: 'I was absolutely shocked when I saw the date for the 2010 Silverstone British Grand Prix. June 6? Surely that's when the TT starts?

'The Silverstone MotoGP race date is one I'm sure many of us have been eagerly waiting to pencil into our diaries, but the FIM has provisionally booked it for the same weekend as the Isle of Man TT kicks off its racing programme.

'...it is going to be massively difficult for the UK-based motorcycle industry people who will be torn between the two.

'I'd like to think it's simply a naive oversight on the part of the FIM and, ultimately, commonsense will prevail.

'It's a pretty strange call seeing how both dates are sanctioned by the FIM. Quite disturbing no one there noticed.'

More announcements of plans for next year's TT, including winners of new TT contracts recently put to tender, will be made on November 26 at the opening of this year's Inernational Motorcycle and Scooter Show at Birmingham's NEC.

Report Spam   Logged

www.irishroadracers.com
www.keithamorsupportersclub.com

Keith Amor Supporters Club Admin
Darren Burns Supporters Club Member
2 Stroke Racing Supporters Club Member

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

beurling

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 03:29:29 pm »

i wasnt surprised that this happened..idiots!!!

i also wasnt surprised that they moved the date sharpish...honestly i wonder where commen sense goes sometimes!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: