Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 06:24:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

M Pearson set for Macau Debut

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M Pearson set for Macau Debut  (Read 266 times)
suzukimad07
« on: October 08, 2009, 01:02:57 pm »

Willis Marshall wrote:

Pearson Set For Macau Debut

Ballygowans Michael Pearson will make his debut at the 43rd Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix next month after the former Irish Superbike Champion got the call up to ride the BTS Honda Fireblade Superbike from BTS Team owner Billy Barron, the same machine that Pearson rode at this years Ulster Grand Prix, where the 32 year old Forklift Engineer lapped at just over 127mph.
Pearson, who has just completed his first full season on the Irish National Road Racing scene, and who has been rarely out of the top six all year in the Supersport 600 and Superbike class's, is eager to get his first look and laps around the 3.8 mile Guia circuit in Macau.

Michael Pearson: "naturally I'm over the moon, but to be honest, I don't know what to expect. It was one of my ambitions to race the Macau Grand Prix and now it has came along. I have seen some footage of the previous races on Video, and it really does look more like an extreme sport than a road race, so I will feel my way around it gingerly at first before I start to take it seriously.
Its all down to Billy Barron of BTS Racing, and in a way I am glad that I will be racing a bike that I know abit about as I have raced it at Bishopscourt and at the Ulster Grand Prix. I will have Billy's right hand man, seabass with his laptop, and my trusty spannermen, David Morrow and Richard McPherson with me in Macau, which should help alot. I wont be breaking any records this year, as I just want to go out and finish the race in a respectable position. Stephen Thompson has told me alot about the place and with Stephen going back out this year again, I hope to gain some valuable track knowledge from him. Its sure to be quite an experience".

Willis Marshall: (Team Manager) "I thinks its nothing more than what the lad deserves to be honest. Michael has shown and proven this year that given time on the hard roads he can run with the best. He is still a road race rookie, and he has went further this year than most of us would have guessed. How will Michael get on at Macau?.....well alot better than most people will think. This is a learning curve for him, but with his short circuit pedigree and his quick adaption to road racing, will I believe, be a special set of ingredients required to be good at Macau. If you look back over the years, most of the successful riders around the Guia circuit have been handy on short circuits......Stuart Easton, Michael Rutter, Jeremy McWilliams, Robert Dunlop, John McGuinness, the list goes on. Like I said, its a year to learn, and Michael has proven that he learns circuits quickly. Michaels invite to Macau means that he will not be competing in this years Sunflower Trophy Races at Bishopscourt".

Guia Circuit Macau:

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: