Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 08:23:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Hamilton Superstock Winner

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hamilton Superstock Winner  (Read 330 times)
suzukimad07
« on: September 29, 2009, 01:22:14 pm »

Hamilton walking on air after title triumph

BALLYCLARE teenager Jamie Hamilton has spoken of his delight after wrapping up the Metzeler Junior British Superstock title at Silverstone on Sunday.

The 18-year-old made an uncharacteristic mistake in the race, running into the gravel trap, however his main rival failed to score any points, leaving Gearlink Kawasaki rider Hamilton to seal the title with one round remaining at Oulton Park.

The triumph represented Kawasaki Motors UK's first British championship victory since John Reynolds lifted the BSB title in 1992.

Hamilton, who teamed up with Gearlink Kawasaki at the third round of the series at Donington Park, said: "I'm delighted to have won the Superstock 600 title, not just for myself but for Gearlink Kawasaki and Kawasaki Motors UK. You have to be in it to win it and ever since I joined the team at Donington I have finished every race – apart from at Silverstone.

"But it just happens that I was helped out with my misfortune as the only other rider who could beat me didn't score points. This is what I have worked for over the past two years and I'm over the moon," he added.

"Gearlink Kawasaki has put out an awesome bike and has done an absolutely tremendous job. I would like to thank Michael and Norma and all of the team at Gearlink Kawasaki and also Harry and Karl Corbett, who have stuck with me through the years.

"They have both supported me and Harry has been my biggest critic and guided me down the right path, which is what you need in racing. I want to go to Oulton Park and end my season with a good result as champion."
Michael De Bidaph, team owner and manager, paid tribute to the talented teenager.

"After such a short time in the BSB paddock I am delighted in winning our first championship," he said. "Although Jamie did not finish the race at Silverstone in reality he had done enough at Croft to secure the championship.

"This has been a superb achievement by Jamie considering that he did not join Gearlink Kawasaki until the third round at Donington Park.

"I would like to thank my hard working team for their total commitment, Kawasaki Motors UK for their continued support and most of all I would like to thank Jamie and his manager/mentor, Harry Corbett, for this outstanding achievement."
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: