Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 19, 2024, 10:44:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

ISB rider Kirk Jamison - Help Urgently Needed

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ISB rider Kirk Jamison - Help Urgently Needed  (Read 569 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: September 01, 2009, 06:52:46 pm »

Greyabbey ISB rider Kirk Jamison is facing sitting out the remainder of the Irish Supersport races this season as his Jim Angus Contracts R6 Yamaha expired for the second time in three weeks at Knockhill on Saturday. After dropping a valve whilst leading at the NEMCRC meeting at the beginning of August Kirk was fortunate to receive some donations from team and club members which allowed him to have the machine rebuilt ahead of the Ulster Championship round last week. Lightning struck twice though as the same mechanical gremlins struck at exactly the same part of the Scottish circuit leaving a frustrated Jamison as a spectator for the rest of the weekends Supersport races.

Jamison said: "I really cannot believe this has happened again, I have been racing four stroke machines since 2004 and never had a breakdown so to have two in two meetings is hard to swallow. Regardless of what people think our team operates on a shoestring budget every year and it was only due to the generosity of some of my team and club members that I was able to fix it the first time. It looks like we will have to leave her parked up now until the end of the season when I will probably put a new engine in it, I will just have to concentrate on the Superbike for the last three rounds. My luck for the past while has been terrible and the breakdown on Saturday just compounded that, I am just hoping that my win in the second Superbike race on Sunday might signal a turnaround of fortunes, fingers crossed."

Jamison will head to Anglesey, Mondello and Bishopscourt for the last seven rounds of the ISB title race which he still stands an outside chance of winning. He sits 59.5 points behind Mark Johnston although this is only 45.5 points on countback, with 175 points still up for grabs.

If you can help in any way, contact,

irishsuperbikes@googlemail.com
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: