Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 07:36:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

John Burrows Ulster Grand Prix

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John Burrows Ulster Grand Prix  (Read 324 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: August 19, 2009, 07:29:57 am »

Well here we go; there isn’t much for me to talk about, as it was the UGP for me that never happened. !

On Wednesday and Thursday we had great weather, dry roads etc, just the recipe for good fast safe racing,. In the first superbike race at the Dundrod 150 we ended up in 15th which was ok but to be honest I never really got into the swing of things all week for one reason or another, I was in the company of John Walsh and could see Michael Pearson just up the road in front of us so I guessed that’s probably where I would have been running anyway, so there is no excuses needed other than I was just not on the pipe.

The next race we had was the Super twins and I was on the front row for this one, but it was like beating a dead duck!  I got a reasonable start, and at Leathemstown was 3rd, but by the time i got to the top of the Deers Leap, i was down to 8th!!, I managed to nip past a few  of the lads at the top of the Deers leap but I was back down the pack by the time we started to climb up the back section of the track again, so really there was no point going any further and putting miles on the bike. My Thanks to Stephen Gilpen who had given me the loan of the bike for the week. I really would have liked to seen a few of the 650 machines stripped after Thursday and Saturday’s race the same way Ryan’s, Darren Gilpens and my bike were stripped at the mid Antrim national race….!!

As I said at the start of the report it was the UGP for me that never happened, as I was in a lot of chest and back pain, even with the help of Doctor John Hynes on Saturday morning it didn’t happen, So  i took the decision not to race, so Thanks for your help John
Dr John prescribed  some medication which i got on Sunday and i am glad to report, that it seems to be working well ,and  hopefully we  are back on the road to recovery.

So fingers crossed I will be on the boat this Sunday for my assault on the Junior and Senior MGP classic races, when I will be part of the CSC racing team for the second year running, something I am really looking forward to, so between Baylon and myself, we will keep   do our best to keep you posted as to what is happening on the island over the next couple of weeks.

Before I go,May I just apologize to all my sponsors for not making the grid, and to Simon, Raymond, Keith, Mattie and Ian who had the bikes prepared as usual for the race that never happened for me.

John Burrows #16
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: