Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 06:31:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Tribute to Hill McCook

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tribute to Hill McCook  (Read 827 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: August 10, 2009, 12:18:06 pm »

NORTH Antrim DUP MLA Mervyn Storey has expressed his sympathy to the McCook family on the death of Mr Hill McCook.
Commenting on the tragedy Mervyn Storey, who knows the family well said,
"This is indeed very sad news. I have known the McCook family for many years. Having grown up in the village of Armoy, I spent many happy hours in their home.

As just one of life's characters. He always had a smile and a welcome and would never have gone past you without stopping for a chat.

"My fondest memories of Hill are the many Saturday mornings I spent with him sweeping the streets of Armoy. Hill was employed to keep the village tidy and for that task he had a bin on wheels. I enjoyed my Saturday mornings when I accompanied Hill on his circuit around the village. There was never a dull moment.

"I would extend my sincere sympathy to the family and assure them of our thoughts and prayers at this trying time.
"I trust that the rider of the motorcycle which crashed and a second spectator who was also hurt,will make a full recovery.

"Our thoughts are also with the Clerk of course Bill Kennedy and Armoy Motorcycle and Road Racing Club,as I know they are devastated by this death."
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mago
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 12:20:15 pm »

My sincere sympathy and condolences go out  to the family.
Report Spam   Logged
LittleRichard

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:34:15 pm »

Likewise. Tragic news. Deepest sympahy and strength to his family and friends.
Report Spam   Logged

Blonde is the new ginger.
glenavon01

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 03:28:29 pm »

A tragic occurence indeed,my sympathy to the entire family circle.I wondered if the clubs,i.e,the two stroke club etc sent a card,wreath or made a donation to the familys chosen destination?If not i think it might be a good idea to do so,to show the family that we all are thinking of them at this time.We make posts on this,but i'm sure a lot of times in circumstances like this particular one the family does'nt see our condolences.If a card/wreath/donation etc has already been sent well and good,if not could some of the guys think about getting this done.I'm in Oregon,so it's difficult for me to do much,but i will happily make a donation,online or otherwise if a post is put up here with the details.
Report Spam   Logged

Hangovers...Easy to create...harder to eradicate!
BMCVCNI
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 05:16:18 pm »

Armoy crash victim Hill McCook

The funeral has taken place of Hill McCook - the pensioner killed while spectating at the inaugural Armoy road races.
Among the hundreds of mourners at St Patrick's Church in Armoy was Jim Dunlop, the last remaining survivor of the revered 'Armoy Armada'.

Clerk of the course Bill Kennedy also paid his respects.

Mr McCook was killed outright after being struck by a wayward motorcycle during the final race of the Co Antrim meeting on Saturday.

The 75-year-old's death prompted Sports Minister Nelson McCausland to ask government officials to compile an urgent report on the incident.

Speaking to the News Letter earlier this week, Alex McCook, one of Hill's five children, paid tribute to his father.

He was just full of life and was jolly the whole time. He was always up for a bit of craic and a yarn," he said.

"He never sat down and was on the go all the time - he was just a fresh, fit wee man."

Mr McCook, who was pre-deceased by his late wife, Marjorie, is survived by his three sons, Hill Jnr, Alex and Andy, and two daughters, Jane and Eleanor.

He also had 14 grandchildren and two-great grandchildren.

RIP Hill
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: