Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 01:24:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Four more wins for Farquhar at Faugheen

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Four more wins for Farquhar at Faugheen  (Read 362 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: July 27, 2009, 04:19:19 pm »

Courtsey of  Phil Wain - Freelance PR

Picture by Stephen Davison - Pacemaker Press International

For the third meeting in a row Ryan Farquhar recorded four wins as the Dungannon ace dominated proceedings at the Faugheen 50 road races on Sunday. The KMR Kawasaki rider was never headed throughout the day and took the chequered flag in the Open, Grand Final, Supersport 600cc and Super Twins races to make it 45 wins for the season.

Conditions at the County Tipperrary circuit were mixed all weekend with regular rain showers interspersed with bright skies but it stayed dry for most of race day and Ryan opened his account with a comfortable win in the Supertwins race, also setting a new lap record on his Kawasaki ER6 650. Rain caused the Open race to be red flagged after one lap and on the re-start, only 3 were completed when the race was stopped again, this time due to a crash. Ryan was leading at the time and with the race declared a result, he took his second win of the day by 6.3secs.

Ryan's third race victory came in the Supersport 600cc where he set a new lap record in order to see off the fierce competition of the Dunlop brothers on his way to completing his hat trick. That left just the Grand Final and Ryan was in no mood to relinquish his 100% record. Sure enough, he ran out victor, this time by 5.2secs, to make it four for the day and 16 in total at Faugheen, the highest recorded at the 2.2-mile venue. He also set a new outright lap record of 105.850mph and was declared Man of the Meeting.

Speaking afterwards, a delighted Ryan said:

"It's been another grand weekend and everything's gone faultlessly again. Faugheen's quite a bumpy circuit, especially on the long downhill section but the bikes are handling really well so they were able to cope with them without any problems and all of the races went to plan. I managed to get a good start in all of the races so got my head down and managed to open up a gap from where I could control things. Michael (Dunlop) was on my tail for the first part of the 600cc race so I upped the pace in the second half and was able to pull away but, apart from that, it all went smoothly."

"It's nice to have another clean sweep of the races but it's going to be difficult to keep it going until the end of the season. Still, 45 wins at this stage of the season is brilliant and I've managed to wrap up the Super Twins Championship so the next target is to try and clinch the others. Thanks again to everyone in the team and to all the sponsors and we're all eagerly looking forward to the next meeting where we'll be trying to do it all over again."

Ryan's next meeting is closer to home with the Mid Antrim '150' road races taking place this Saturday, August 1st.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: