Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 16, 2024, 07:40:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

ROSS JOHNSON – SOUTHERN 100

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROSS JOHNSON – SOUTHERN 100  (Read 548 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: July 24, 2009, 06:31:07 pm »

Courtsey of Helen Pask

Woodhall Spa fire fighter Ross Johnson was competing at the Isle of Man Steam Packet Southern 100 races recently where he recorded four top 10 finishes to his races before moving on to the other side of the island to contest the Jurby South races. He picked up another good set of results in his three races to end his week with another two top 15s and a third place.

The Southern 100 races saw the Lincolnshire road racing ace qualify in 12th place for the 600cc B race where he powered through to a seventh place finish on the Yamaha R6.

He then entered the Senior Support race where he recorded a fifth place on the Yamaha R6 machine.

In the 400cc class Johnson had two outings on the 400cc Kawasaki qualifying in ninth place and completing his races in fifth and sixth position.

“I am really happy with that set of results,” said Johnson. “If had had finished in 10th place I would have been content but to record a fifth and sixth place in those last two races I was really chuffed.”

The Jurby South meeting was held on the Saturday on the other side of the island and a number of top international and local riders stayed on after the Southern 100 to compete at the event.

In the 1300cc class Johnson qualified in 17th place on his 600cc Yamaha and ended the race in a creditable 13th position.

He then went out in the 600cc race where he qualified in 14th place and stormed through to clinch sixth at the chequered flag.

The 400cc race saw Johnson start from third on the grid to maintain his position and secure a podium finish in third place.

“I pushed hard to stay with the leading duo of riders in that last event,” said Johnson. “So much so that I overshot at the hairpin and although I managed to hold on to my third place I had lost touch with the leaders and stood no chance of making it further up the field. But third place is my best result of the week so I have to be happy with that!”

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: