Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 12:53:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

WILLIAM DUNLOP RACING - MAKE MINE A DOUBLE

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WILLIAM DUNLOP RACING - MAKE MINE A DOUBLE  (Read 360 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: July 20, 2009, 07:29:45 pm »

Courtsey of WILLIAM DUNLOP RACING

Pictures by Alan Armstrong

William Dunlop notched up his fifth two stroke win in as many days, after the 23 year old Ballymoney rider scorched to a superb double at the Kells Road Races in Co-Meath on Sunday, days after completing a hat trick of races wins in the Southern 100 in the Isle of Man.
After a difficuilt start to the season, Dunlop now feels that the tide has turned, with William confident of more of the same at this weekends Faugheen Road Races.

William Dunlop:  "Its been a great week all round.  To get back on the winning trail again is great.  The 125 and 250 Honda's are now running like clockwork, so its now time to try and improve on the 600 and Superstock Yamaha's in the hope that we can get up the leader board in those class's.   

In Sundays races at Kells I felt really relaxed in the Lightweight class's and knew that no-one was going to beat me as long as the bikes kept going.   In the 125 race, I got away in third place but had taken the lead going into turn one, and from there on in it was plain sailing.  There was eight seconds between myself and Michael (Dunlop) at the line with cousin Samuel third, so it was a super result for the Dunlop name.   

The 250 race was more or less the same, only I had to tail Barry Davidson and Ian Lougher until the last corner of the first lap before I got past. The speed of the PJ Flynn/Ballygowan RRSC Honda is unbelievable, and she should be the ticket at the Ulster Grand Prix.     

I was disappointed not to have done better on the CD Racing Yamaha's.   We are having a few wee problems here and there with them, nothing major, but enough just to make you loose the edge over the opposition.   I will be taking both 600 and Superstock bikes to Faugheen this weekend where I will also have the 125/250 Honda's with me.   

Hopefully the current form will continue at Faugheen, and surely to god, we will have a dry race meeting.  There has to be one somewhere".

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: