Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 16, 2024, 11:30:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

SEELEY SCORES DOUBLE AND NEW CIRCUIT RECORD

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEELEY SCORES DOUBLE AND NEW CIRCUIT RECORD  (Read 706 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: July 15, 2009, 06:42:08 am »

By Paul Lindsay   

Alastair Seeley enjoyed another successful day in Relentless Suzuki colours [July 14] with two wins from two starts in the Irish Superbike Championship at Kirkistown in Northern Ireland – also setting a new outright lap record for the Ulster circuit.

The Carrickfergus rider set the pole time on his 2009 GSX–R1000 Superstock machine on Tuesday morning and was never headed nor challenged during both 12-lap ISB races in the afternoon.

Seeley had the option to run different wheels, tyres and a quick-shifter on his 2009 GSX–R1000 Suzuki, but opted to race it in basic ’stock trim, complete with National Superstock Metzeler Racetec control tyres, making his outright circuit lap record of 55.917 seconds even more remarkable.

Alastair Seeley

“It was another good day at the office, and when one of the ISB lads protested my win after I did I celebration wheelie at the end of race one, I was even more fired up in the second outing. I was riding my team-mate Cameron Donald’s GSX–R1000 Superstock machine today and we got it dialled in really well. It was sprung a little harder than mine but we collected some very useful data in the process. In race two I pushed really hard in the opening three or four laps and that’s where the lap record came from: we basically made the most of the Metzeler tyres in the early stages. It’s always good to support the local events, and if the dates don’t clash then who knows, we may be able to run the regular guys close for the overall championship. As always, thanks to the whole team for the big effort.”

BJ Toal made a return to the Supersport class at Kirkistown for Relentless Suzuki, recording two third placed finishes. Both Supersport races were won by Glenn Irwin, riding a former TAS Racing GSX–R600, while Toal battled it out with former Grand Prix rider Jeremy McWilliams for second place in both outings.

BJ Toal

“I had a really good day today at Kirkistown and enjoyed throwing my leg back over the GSX–R600 Suzuki. In race one we didn’t make the best of starts but third was a solid result and I enjoyed the battle with McWilliams. In race two I probably used the best of my Pirelli tyres in the early stages after a strong start and struggled to hold McWilliams off at the end.”

Philip Neill – Team Principal

“That was another perfect run out for Alastair, and if we have ever been looking for an indicator that he is ready for a Superbike, then today was the day. That performance on a Superstock bike is as good as it’s ever going to be. He rode Cameron’s 2009 GSX–R1000 today; we did offer him a Superbike and we also offered him race wheels and slicks for his Superstock bike, but he didn’t want them!

"He has to be admired for his focus on the British Superstock class. BJ had a positive day with his two podiums, but hats off to Glenn Irwin for winning both races on one of our old Supersport bikes. I was impressed by the lad.”

Mallory BSB

The Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing team will now concentrate their efforts on this weekend’s British Superbike round at Mallory Park. Ian Lowry will return well rested after a short break in Spain and Atsushi Watanabe is also looking forward to the second half of the season. The Japanese rider recorded a top ten result at Mallory last season in race one and Ian Lowry had a podium on his GSX–R600 in the Supersport class.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

kmcg

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 01:58:47 pm »

Hello folks , just joined last night and found the link to MyLaps very handy for yesterdays ISB results ,well done Jonny Buckley on his 4 good results . So Seeley went to 55 s round there on treaded superstock control tyres ? Un be ******lievable !!!,Kev Belfast.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: