Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 07:28:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

D&GW Racing/#76 Andrew Neill Statement

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D&GW Racing/#76 Andrew Neill Statement  (Read 1285 times)
itsnota400

Itsnota400!

« on: July 14, 2009, 03:15:13 pm »

Once again we at D+G.W racing have been struck with another tragedy. By now most of you will have heard the sad news that Andrew Neill lost his life during the 125cc practice at Walderstown on Sunday 12th July 2009. Andrew was enjoying his 2nd season with D+G.W racing and was a team mate of the late Mark Young (sparky) who too sadly lost his fight for life after a tragic accident during the 250cc race at the Northwest 200 in May this year.

Having known Andrew for quite a while now and i always found him with a smile and he always had the time to stop to have a word with you. Andrews time with D+G.W racing was very successful as he proved to be a very talented rider in all classes. For those of you who knew Andrew and his wife Sharon will know that Sharon was 100% behind Andrew and D+G.W racing. She was always there for her brother Timmy Turtle and her husband Andrews racing, making sure that everything was in order before they both went out to compete.Taking time to check that transponders, fuel, etc were all in order.

But sadly it has come to our attention that someone has been spreading unfounded rumours relating to Andrews accident. We at D+G.W racing have been through this before when various rumours circulated after Mark Youngs accident. I would appeal to those true road racers and fans alike to please leave these matters to be investigated by the proper authorities.

At times like this the family and loved ones are suffering enough in their loss without ficticious rumours adding to their burden. Andrew will be very sadly missed and will be a huge loss to his family and friends. We at D+G.W racing would like to thank W.Marshall and Micheal Pearson#36 for dedicating their win at the Cock o' the North races in Scarborough on Sunday 12th July in memory of the late Andrew Neill#76

After the loss of Andrew on Sunday and whilst deep in my own thoughts regarding the future of D+G.W racing I was approached by Michael Dunlop. Michael had a few words with me and the rest of the team. He pointed out that it was sponsorship from the likes of ourselves which makes motorbike racing a safer sport, either on track or on the open road. As in Michaels own words racing is in the blood and without the back-up we give him or the back-up of Gary Ryan(streetsweep) + Marlow Construction he would still go racing on machines that would not be as reliable or safe. So therefore the back-up that racers get from sponsors make it a safer racing environment. These are Michaels own words for which I have to thank him. He took a moment of his time to speak with me and from our conversation he made me aware that all sponsorship is a very valuable asset to the sport. Therfore we have made the decision as a team that D+G.W racing along with other sponsors will continue to support Michael to the end of the season.

At the moment our thoughts and prayers are with Andrews wife Sharon, his mum and dad, his brothers and sister, the wider family circle and the Moira Club .

REST IN PEACE ANDY (ANDREW) #76

FROM D+G.W RACING
Report Spam   Logged

www.irishroadracers.com
www.keithamorsupportersclub.com

Keith Amor Supporters Club Admin
Darren Burns Supporters Club Member
2 Stroke Racing Supporters Club Member

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: