Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 19, 2024, 11:49:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

PHIL CROWE MONDAY TT RESULTS.

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PHIL CROWE MONDAY TT RESULTS.  (Read 1007 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: June 07, 2016, 07:56:03 am »

It was not the best of days for Market Rasen racer Phil Crowe when he was forced to retire from the Supersport race and then suffered machine damage on the last lap of the Superstock race although he did manage to bring the bike home in 38th position.

The four lap Supersport race was always going to be a problem for Crowe as because of bike problems he didn't get much practice in and was placed last away. This meant he had to try to get past the stragglers at the back of the field in order to get some fast laps in and move up the order on time. There are few safe passing places on the 37.73 mile course and this was bound to affect his lap times but he battled on to Glen Helen before encountering a problem with the fuel pump which caused him to retire.

Phil had a much better start position for the four lap Superstock race later in the day and began his campaign from 34th place. Phil was riding well and was up to 30th at Glen Helen. By the end of the lap he was in 28th place and posted a fast lap of 123.4mph.

But his success was short lived as he hit some wreckage from a crashed bike which left some fluid on his boot. He had to stop to check the bike and lost a lot of time being down to 40th at Ballaugh on lap two. Phil got his head down and powered the BMW away to try to make up the time and did make it up to 34th before encountering a problem with the yolks  and just nursed the bike round the last lap to finish in 38th place just missing out on a bronze replica.

He said: "you need some luck to get around this course and I didn't have any today. Everything was going mega and then it kicks back and kicks you in the teeth. On the second lap there was a big crash and I hit some wreckage with the side of my bike and foot, I took a look down to check for damage and my foot was covered in fluid so I had to stop to check everything was OK. The bike was ok so I cracked on trying to make up the time lost. As I crossed the line to start the last lap I hit Bray Hill faster than before and damaged the yolks on the bike and twisted them right out of line. I decided to roll it around the last lap and give the race up. I am gutted as looking at the time sheets I lost around two and a half minutes when I stopped and lost out on a potential top 20 result.

Phil will be back in action on Wednesday for the second four lap Supersport race at 10.45am.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: