Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 10:20:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Cam Donald looking forward to TT

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cam Donald looking forward to TT  (Read 513 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: May 23, 2016, 07:34:48 am »

What brings anyone from a sunny 36 degree climate to a rather cold wet and dismal Northern Ireland? An enthuastic Isle of Man TT icon, Australian Cameron Donald! Cameron arrived in Northern Ireland on Thursday last, after over twenty two hours ofl flying, not counting time waiting in airports! as he flew from Malaysia, where he was competing in round one of the Malaysian Championship . The former Norton rider was having a few relaxing days at a quiet location, before heading to test the Wilson Craig Hondas, which he will ride in this years IOM TT Races, which start on May 28th.

Hailing from a small village called Warrandyte in Melbourne, the 38 year old looked refreshingly fit and relaxed after his journey.
For Donald, this will be his 10th TT event, his first was back in 2005 when he rode for Uel Duncan, race team, which was backed by Wilson Craig. For Cameron, there is no place like the Isle of Man TT Races. “When you arrive in the IOM, you step off the boat, you know you’re at the hallowed ground of motorcycle racing. It’s the Mecca of motorcycle racing”

The Aussie, who parted company with the Norton team on amicable terms, has been on the podium no less than 10 occasions at the TT, and was a double winner in 2008, when riding for the Relentless by TAS Suzuki, he won both the Superbike and Superstock races.
On board the WCR Hondas, Cameron has taken second in the Superbike, and on two occasions , has taken second in the 600 supersport races , including finishing behind Kiwi Bruce Anstey by a mere 0.060 seconds in 2012!
Over the years, Wilson and I have always kept in touch, and earlier this year, having taken on board my thoughts, regarding the progress of the Norton, when Wilson put an offer to me, it was a case of coming back to Known Quantity!   The team personnel, led by Alan Gregory, whom I have worked with in the past, have since kept me up to speed on what is going on as regards the preparation of the bikes, and I am well pleased with what they have been doing for me.
The Norton, will be better, that I can assure you, but for me, its a case of a riders prerogative, I needed something more competitive, and thats why I have returned to Wilson Craigs race team for the IOM TT.
Returning to the IOM TT is just part of Camerons race season. Unlike many riders from here or the mainland, Cameron is practically racing all year round!.The Malaysian championship, which started the same weekend as the North West 200, continues until December, and following this will be a lot of Classic racing, where he rides for an Irish sponsor, Tom Dermody!. In between races, Donald is busy testing motor cycles for the top three Australian Motor Cycle Publications; Australian Motor Cycle News, Motor Cycle Trader and Cafe Racer!
Cameron was disappointed in missing out in this years North West 200, but with his contract for the Malaysian Championship, he had no choice but to miss it.
At the opening round of this championship, Cameron, on board the latest ZX10 Kawasaki qualified in third before going on to take a win in the opening race, (held in dry conditions), and followed this up with a second in a wet race two and now leads the championship by 9 points.
For the likeable Aussie, who made his road race debut at Macau in 2001, Cameron is eagerly looking ahead to the forthcoming Isle of Man TT races with confidence, “I know my last couple of years may have been off the pace a bit, But I hope to be able to get back up to speed again, I know I have good bikes below me, Wilson has always provided me with competitive machinery, and this year will be no different”

Wilson Craig” The bikes have been prepared and are ready to go. They have been built to the spec as asked by Cameron. We are looking forward to testing before heading to the Isle of Man. Cameron has had a few days rest to acclimatise to our cooler weather, and is ready to rock”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: