Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 05:38:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Derek McGee Mid Antrim - Statement

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Derek McGee Mid Antrim - Statement  (Read 994 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: April 04, 2016, 06:02:55 pm »

Jack Corry

Press Officer NW Racing

NW Racing would like to clarify the situation regarding the participation of team rider Derek McGee at the Mid Antrim 150. Derek arrived on the course on Thursday evening carrying a chest infection, and was guided to his parking place in the paddock by the marshal’s.

On Friday Derek proceeded to go out in practice for the Supersport 600, and he took pole position. He also took the 600 out in practice for the Open race, and qualified in 4th place. The reason that the 600 was taken out, as the team physically could not lift the BMW from the paddock to the line.

Following this final practice, Derek’s health was starting to deteriorate, and his breathing was becoming a real struggle, sapping his strength. On Saturday morning this condition became a physical problem, as his legs were also very weak. This, along with the deteriorating condition of the paddock, became a real problem.

Despite the sterling work of a few of the race officials to move Derek to firmer and dryer ground, and relocate him, unfortunately this did not happen, and the team were forced to make a decision at 9.20am. Team Manager Noel Williamson said

“Unfortunately we were forced to make a decision on the grounds of health and safety to withdraw Derek from the meeting, and not participate in the days racing. This was a decision that was not taken likely, and we deeply regret this, for both our sponsors and fans alike. We want to wish the Mid Antrim Club all the best in the future, and we appreciate their help”

Derek Mc Gee “I am sorry that I could not take part in the Mid Antrim 150, and especially after setting pole in the 600 class, I just could not find the strength to race, or to help the lads physically lift the bikes through the muddy paddock to get to the line. I want to also apologise to all my team sponsors and friends who travelled to see me race, but I am looking forward to seeing you all at the Tandragee 100”

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: