Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 09:57:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Dean Harrison was in dominant form at a shortened Cock O’ The North

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dean Harrison was in dominant form at a shortened Cock O’ The North  (Read 570 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: July 19, 2015, 07:18:40 pm »

Dean Harrison was in dominant form at a shortened Cock O’ The North race meeting at Oliver’s Mount this weekend. The Bradford man won the opening legs of both the Senior and Junior races and looked set to be on for a memorable day for Mar-Train racing before the event had to be cancelled due to an oil spillage. His double was mirrored by Josh Brookes and Milwaukee Yamaha at Brands Hatch on a special day for Yamaha UK and the all new YZF-R1M.

Having already been reduced to a one day meeting due to road closing restrictions the organisers packed schedule was dealt an early blow by the inclement weather on Sunday morning. When racing finally got underway around lunchtime it was Harrison and Ivan Linton who put on a show for the fans battling for the victory in both Superbike and Supersport classes.

With an almost fully dry track Harrison opted for an intermediate front and dry rear for the opening Senior race. A good start saw the twenty six year old shadow Linton for the opening four laps before making his move and pulling away to win by just over five seconds with Lee Johnston completing the podium a further eighteen seconds adrift.

The opening Junior encounter was red flagged on lap one but on the restart it was Harrison who led Linton from the start with Johnston close behind in second. The Yamaha man continued to lap near lap record pace which finally forced a mistake from Linton as he crashed out leaving Harrison to come home for his second victory of the day six seconds clear of Johnston.

A severe oil spill in the following sidecar race caused a lengthy delay to proceedings with the organisers eventually forced to cancel the remainder of the meeting despite only five of the planned fourteen races having been run.

Team Principal – Tim Martin
“Bitter sweet day for us today, Dean was in superb form and could have been on for an incredible day had it continued. After some of the struggles we have had this year it was great to get back to winning ways and especially pleasing to see the R1M on the top step, rewarding us for our recent development work. Frustrating end with the cancellation after such an incredible start but we move on to Armoy now and hopefully some more decent results to keep the momentum going ahead of the Ulster Grand Prix next month”

Rider – Dean Harrison
“That’s a shame today, I feel for the organisers and fans but really disappointing from our point of view. Kind of typical of my luck this year that as soon as everything seems to be going right they cancel the racing! The bikes were brilliant, I knew I had six races ahead so it was just steady away and build up the speed gradually. I sat behind Ivan in the Senior race but knew I could go quicker so pushed on and pulled away for a good win on the R1M. The Junior race was good fun, again I just increased the pace a little each lap and eventually Ivan had an off which left me clear to win from Lee. We made a small change on the big bike for the feature race to help it over the jumps and I’m confident we could have got some more wins but we don’t have long to wait for Armoy so we will try again there.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: