Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 06:15:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Derek McGee Superbike TT 2015= Report

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Derek McGee Superbike TT 2015= Report  (Read 362 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: June 08, 2015, 08:45:45 am »

Wilson Craig Racing team rider Derek McGee finished off his first TT practice week, by topping the 120mph mark, with a lap of 120.272mph during the final practice session on Friday evening. The “Mullingar Missile” was delighted with the way the week went, and he was looking forward to his first race over the toughest road race course in the world.

“I am getting to know my way around, and I am really enjoying the course, and the challenge ahead. Six laps will be the longest race that I have ever taken part in, but I can’t wait” said Derek.

Team owner Wilson Craig was also delighted with Derek’s performance, “ Derek is really getting to grips with the course, and we have decided that he will race the Superstock bike in the opening Superbike race, and he is already the fastest newcomer, moving up to start in 46th position”

The race itself saw Derek suffer from arm pump at the end of lap two, and it almost forced him to pull out of the race, “I started to get arm pump at the end of lap two, and it was getting worse by the end of lap three. I was going to pull in, but thankfully it receded, and while I dropped back a bit, I was able to get back to racing, and I am delighted with my result”

Wilson Craig was also delighted with the race, “Derek rode exceptionally well, and he as the best newcomer finishing in 29th position. He lapped at over 121mph from a standing start, and was it not for the red flag on the last lap, I believe that he would have had a great final lap, as his sector times were very good up to the flag. We will be back out tomorrow on the same bike, and hopefully we will have another good day”

Derek will be out in the rescheduled Superstock race, and he will also be out later in the evening in the Supersport race one on the WCR Racing Honda’s.

Jack Corry, Press Officer WCR.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: