Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 03:56:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM MERVYN WHYTE EVENT DIRECTOR OF N/WEST 200

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM MERVYN WHYTE EVENT DIRECTOR OF N/WEST 200  (Read 1025 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: May 18, 2015, 04:39:10 pm »

A PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM MERVYN WHYTE, EVENT DIRECTOR OF THE VAUXHALL INTERNATIONAL NORTH WEST 200

As you will be aware we had a serious incident during the opening Superstock race on Saturday at the Vauxhall International North West 200.

A spectator, Violet McAfee, was injured in a crash that also involved riders Dean Harrison, Horst Saiger and Stephen Thompson.

Dean was unhurt and Horst has now returned home to Liechtenstein after being treated in Coleraine’s Causeway hospital for a broken arm.

Violet and Stephen sustained serious injuries and are receiving treatment in the Royal Victoria hospital, Belfast. They are both now in a stable condition.

I have spoken to their families and will be visiting the hospital again this evening.

The organisers of the North West 200 will offer our full support to Violet and Stephen and their families and I want to assure them that they are in our thoughts and prayers throughout this time. I am sure all of you will want to join with me in wishing both of them a full and speedy recovery.

I would also like to thank the members of the medical team who were involved in treating those who were injured on Saturday. The care and expertise they provide is the very best in the world and we are very grateful that we have this available to us at the North West 200.

A full investigation is underway into the incident, which will be completed very soon.

Mervyn Whyte

Event Director
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: