Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 05:49:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Five rostrum results for Cookstown/Burrows Engineering Racing at Tandragee

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Five rostrum results for Cookstown/Burrows Engineering Racing at Tandragee  (Read 492 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: May 03, 2015, 12:02:33 pm »

At a Tandragee 100 meeting where everyone who took part deserved credit for braving the wintry conditions, John Burrows and his team bagged no less than five podium results. Jamie Hamilton secured two second places and two third places while Michael Sweeney’s sole outing of the day brought him a third position in the quarter litre division.

Hamilton and his Cookstown/Burrows Engineering Racing Suzuki 1000 led Friday night’s dry Superbike race in the early stages but the Ballyclare star eventually finished third behind Ryan Farquhar and William Dunlop. Hamilton said: “A misting problem with my visor developed as the race progressed and I had no option but to slow down, my lap times dropped by three seconds a lap but at least I was able to hold off Derek McGee and take third.”

Saturday’s racing was somewhat spoiled by miserable weather. In the feature Superbike race Hamilton finished second to the in-form William Dunlop. Hamilton finished comfortably ahead of McGee.

McGee was the winner of the Supertwins race in which Hamilton was a safe second on the Cookstown/Burrows Engineering Kawasaki 650. Hamilton admitted that he was not prepared to stick his neck out and go for the win because of the treacherous conditions.

Safety first was also the name of the game in the Supersport 600 race. Riding the Cookstown/Burrows Engineering Honda 600, Hamilton finished third behind William Dunlop and McGee.

Due to the poor conditions, Michael Sweeney sat out most of the races he was scheduled to take part in but he did make an appearance in the 250 GP race and took third place on the Cookstown/Burrows Engineering RS250.

Reflecting on the Tandragee events from his cosy kitchen in Carland, team owner John Burrows said: “Conditions were not really conducive to good racing, it was bitterly cold and well done to every rider who competed and of course thanks to all the officials and volunteers who kept the show running. Jamie showed great maturity in my opinion, he took no unnecessary risks and stayed safe. The whole team and I are very happy with five podiums and we will now head to the North West 200 filled with confidence. Hopefully the weather will improve before we get up to the Coast Road.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: