Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 01:56:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Alastair Seeley is confident

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alastair Seeley is confident  (Read 489 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: March 26, 2015, 07:28:36 am »

Belfast Newsletter

Alastair Seeley is confident his new Tyco BMW Motorrad team possesses all the key components necessary for success at this year’s Vauxhall International North West 200.

The Carrick rider has won 12 times around the famous 8.9-mile Triangle course on the north coast and is only one more victory away from equalling Isle of Man TT great Joey Dunlop’s haul of 13 wins, with Robert Dunlop’s all-time record of 15 triumphs also seemingly within touching distance.

Seeley is back in familiar surroundings this season after re-establishing his links with Moneymore outfit TAS Racing to contest the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship plus the North West 200 on the S1000RR and the 35-year-old is optimistic that he can maintain his prolific strike rate in May.

The two-time British champion, who completed a Supersport and Superstock double at the North West 200 last year, was among the star-studded line-up of guests in attendance at the official launch of the international road race at Titanic Belfast on Tuesday.

“All the ingredients are there and it won’t be long before the North West rolls around again,” said Seeley. “We’ve a few British championship rounds beforehand and hopefully we can get some decent results and then carry that into the North West.

“I’ll try and stay relaxed like always and I’ll do my best. There are so many young, hungry riders coming through now, especially from the British championship,” Seeley added.

“To win one North West is tough and it takes a lot of luck. I’ve been lucky enough to have got out of bed on the right side a few times.”

A total prize fund of £70,000 will be there for the taking at the first of the big three international roads meetings of the season and one man hoping for a piece of the action is Honda Racing’s John McGuinness.

The Morecambe man struggled in 2014 after sustaining a wrist injury a few weeks before the North West 200 in an off-road training crash, but the TT hero is feeling back to his old self as he prepares to embark on a remarkable 25th season in the saddle.

“I feel like I’m 25 but I look like I’m 45,” joked McGuinness in typical self-effacing style. “It’s my 21st North West 200 and I wouldn’t miss it for the world – it’s a great event and I’m really looking forward to it.

“I’m fixed now, my hand is a lot better and I’m with the same team on the same bike again and it’s all looking really good.”

As well as Seeley and McGuinness, guests in attendance also included William Dunlop, Peter Hickman, Michael Rutter, Maria Costello, Ryan Farquhar, Dean Harrison, Jeremy McWilliams and Lee Johnston, who participated in a ‘meet the riders’ evening with up to 1000 fans following the Press launch in the afternoon.

Three new sponsors are on board this year, with Monster Energy backing the opening Superbike race on Saturday, May 16 and Bet McLean sponsoring the feature Supersport race, while Spidi Leathers will support the first Superstock race on Thursday, May 14.

A total of eight races will be held over two days and the schedule is as follows:

Thursday, May 14:

EventServ Supersport Race

Vauxhall Supertwin Race

Spidi Superstock Race

Saturday, May 16:

Bet McLean Supersport Race

Monster Energy Superbike Race

Anchor Complex Supertwin Race

CP Hire Superstock Race

Vauxhall North West 200 Superbike Race

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter