Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 07:31:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

DEREK SHEILS LOOKS AHEAD TO COOKSTOWN 100 WITH NEW TEAM

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DEREK SHEILS LOOKS AHEAD TO COOKSTOWN 100 WITH NEW TEAM  (Read 441 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: March 19, 2015, 08:57:38 am »

Dublin rider, Derek Sheils, a double winner at last year’s KDM Cookstown 100 is again focused on repeating his success of 2014, albeit on different machinery this time around.

Now backed by Bangor, County Down based company, BikeBitsNI, Derek will be riding Kawasaki machinery in both Superbike and Supersport classes at this year’s event.

Derek Sheils

Just last week Sheils had his first outing on the BikeBitsNI.com machinery, when he took in a test session at Mondello Park in Naas, County Kildare.

Sheils said: “Our first test at Mondello went well; it was good to get going at long last and get to work with Johnny Annett of BikeBitsNI. We had a minor issue with the Superstock bike, which put a halt to us getting in too many laps, although it did allow us extra time to focus on the 600.

“We got the bike in the ballpark handling-wise after a handful of sessions and I felt comfortable riding it. We will be out again at Mondello at the end of the month, and hopefully that will allow us to get in some time on the ’stocker."

Looking ahead to Cookstown, he concluded: “I've a good feeling about this year as I have been working very hard on my fitness. So when everything falls into place I think we won't be far away on either the roads or the circuits. Cookstown is always a great event to start to season and I’m counting down the days.”

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: