Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 02:00:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

HAMILTON LOOKING TO REPEAT WIN COOKSTOWN 100

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAMILTON LOOKING TO REPEAT WIN COOKSTOWN 100  (Read 412 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: March 14, 2015, 08:24:45 am »

Ballyclare’s Jamie Hamilton is counting down the days to the KDM Cookstown 100 on April 24 & 25, which happens to be the home circuit for his new team B.E.Racing.

Following a successful shakedown test at Cartagena in Spain a few weeks ago, aboard the B.E Racing team’s 600cc Honda, the 23-year-old engineer is eagerly awaiting a run out on the all-conquering GSX-R1000 Superbike prepared by team owner and former racer John Burrows.

With the KDM Cookstown 100 just six weeks away, Hamilton said: “This will be the first time I’ve ridden a Suzuki Superbike, but I’m really up for the new challenge. I had a good test on the B.E Racing ‘six-hundred’ Honda in Spain a few weeks ago; it’s ready to rock and the 650cc Supertwin is also ready to go.”

Looking ahead to the April event he added: “I love the feeling you get at the Cookstown 100. It’s obviously the first National Road Race of the year, and it attracts a massive crowd, which as a rider, I really enjoy, as the atmosphere is electric. The track itself is no let down either: with a mixture of high speed sections and small back roads – it really is a challenge to win at Cookstown.”

Having won on 650cc machinery back in 2013 at the KDM Cookstown 100, the 23-year-old is looking to add a larger capacity victory to his C.V this time around. “After tasting wins in the Supertwin race back in 2013, coupled with the fact, that it will be my new team’s home race; and the fact that I will be riding the Superbike that won the feature race there last year – yes, you could say I am full of confidence!”

Not scared to let the ‘chin wag’ when talking bikes, the affable former British Superstock champion concluded: “Yes I am really looking forward to this year’s Cookstown 100 with B.E Racing; I hope I can give them something to shout about.”

At last year’s KDM Cookstown 100, B.E Racing upset the odds, when they took a shock win in the feature race of the day, the KDM Cookstown 100, with newcomer Dan Kneen. Let’s hope this year’s encounter is equally as thrilling.

Programme of Events
Thursday April 2nd – Press Launch, Royal Hotel, Cookstown from 7.30pm [all welcome]
Thursday April 9th – Liaison Night, Royal Hotel, Cookstown at 7.30pm
Saturday April 18th – Treasure Hunt and BBQ, Sign On Burn Road Car Park from 6pm
Sunday April 19th – Annual Bikers’ Service, Orritor Presbyterian Church at 3.30pm
Tuesday April 21st – Vintage Vehicle Run, Union Street Car Park from 6.30pm
Thursday April 23rd – Classic Bike Run, Union Street Car Park, leaving 7.30pm
Friday April 24th – PRACTICE DAY, Roads Close 11am
Saturday April 25th – RACE DAY, Roads Close 10am
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: