Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 19, 2024, 03:19:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Lee Johnston will be aiming big at the North West 200

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lee Johnston will be aiming big at the North West 200  (Read 391 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: March 06, 2015, 10:20:14 am »

Lee Johnston will be aiming big at the 2015 Vauxhall International North West 200 on an all new line-up of BMW and Triumph powered machinery. The diminutive Fermanagh racer has joined the exodus to BMW for this year, lining up at Portrush on May12-16 on a S1000RR in the Superbike and Superstock races.

The 25 year old will also ride a 675cc Triumph under the banner of new title sponsor Burdens in the Supersport events. But the winner of both Supertwins races at last year’s North West will not be riding in the smaller class this season.

“I have sold the bike I rode last year and I want to concentrate on the bigger bikes this year so I won’t be racing in the Twins races.” Johnston explained.

“When you have too many bikes you can’t have that focus and I really want to try to win a 600cc or big bike race this year at the North West.” Johnston, who has scored Superstock and Supersport podium finishes at the North West, says he wants to build on the good form that he

showed on the superbike at the Ulster Grand Prix and Macau at the end of the last season.

“I had good runs at the Ulster and in Macau in 2014 so maybe I’ve proved I can ride a big bike now.” he smiled.

“I want to carry that on at the North West but it is going to be tough for a small team like us against the factory boys.”

Johnston’s preparations for the new season begin next week with tests at Almeria and Guadix in Spain.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: