Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 01:10:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

JOEY’S BAR TO MAKE ROADS’ DEBUT AT KDM COOKSTOWN 100

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JOEY’S BAR TO MAKE ROADS’ DEBUT AT KDM COOKSTOWN 100  (Read 465 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: February 26, 2015, 10:12:42 am »

In the halcyon days two-stroke machinery were the mainstay of pure road racing grids, but in recent years they have almost become obsolete.

However, a new team is about to rejuvenate the two stroke grids by putting both 125cc and 250cc bikes into racing action at all of this year’s National Road Races, beginning with the KDM Cookstown 100 in April.

Joey’s Bar’ owned and run by the late great Joey Dunlop’s family, in his hometown of Ballymoney, have set up their own team for 2015, complete with an instantly recognisable livery that will no doubt grab the attention of road racing fans, both young and old.

Joey’s Bar will support leading two-stroke racer Sam Wilson will 125cc and 250cc Honda two-stroke machinery this season. The bikes will be build by Joey’s son Gary, himself a former racer.

The effort will be part funded by the Joey’s Bar Supporters’ Club and the bikes will don the yellow livery, made famous by Joey and his distinctive Arai helmet design.

Thanks to the creative juices of Coleraine graphic designer Nick Jackson at Vinyl Touch, both bikes will have that distinctive look, and are certainly a great tribute to the late great Joey Dunlop.

Speaking of the project, Gary Dunlop explained: Our small club, Joey’s Bar, have been going for the past three years. We have been supporting some local riders and last year, we put up a cup and a cash prize at the Armoy Road Races.”

On the decision to provide Sam Wilson with two bikes, Gary added: “I’ve been building the wee ‘one-two-five’ over the past few years, but it was William (Dunlop) who really pushed me into getting the bike on track, and to try and keep the two stroke bikes on the grid.

“As I had a ‘two-fifty’ project in the pipeline as well, it didn’t take long for us to put an agreements in place with Sam, and we have been flat out ever since.”

Dunlop was keen to thank the general public, who made donations through PayPal, and the additional sponsors of the Joey’s Bar two-stroke project. “It’s going to be great to be back involved in bikes,” he enthused. “I’m really looking forward to it with a small team, where we can enjoy the craic just the way my dad did.”

Sam Wilson will also contest both the 600cc and Supertwins’ races at the 2015 KDM Cookstown 100 on April 24/25.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: