Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 19, 2024, 01:30:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Tyco BMW road race team will launch a major onslaught

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyco BMW road race team will launch a major onslaught  (Read 452 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: February 25, 2015, 08:31:39 am »

The Tyco BMW road race team will launch a major onslaught at the Vauxhall International North West 200 in May in what will be the team’s first international road race outing of 2015.

Road race fans will see the squad in action in the Superstock and Superbike races on the new S1000RR BMWs in the hands of Guy Martin, Alastair Seeley and William Dunlop at Portrush on May 12-16.

Still seeking his first North West win, Guy Martin visited the team’s Moneymore workshop last week to view the latest version of the German superbike that he will race this season.

“The TAS boys are the only team that I would go racing with.” the 33 year old declared.

“They are a bit strange in the way they go about things but then so am I and it works.”

“If I hadn’t been here with the BMWs then I would have been wondering ‘What if?” he smiled.

“I think being on the BMW will make my job a bit easier.”

12 times North West winner, Alastair Seeley, is also delighted to be back with the TAS team.

“I have had good history at the North West with the team and I am looking forward to racing for the new manufacturer.” the Carrickfergus man said.

“ We all saw how good the BMW was at the North West last year and I expect to pick up where Michael Dunlop left off.”

Michael Dunlop was beaten by his elder brother William in the opening Superbike race at Portrush last season in a thrilling last lap battle that road race fans voted as the race of the year in the recent Adelaide awards. It was William’s first taste of international glory on a superbike and he will be hoping for more of the same in May.

“I am really looking forward to getting out on to the roads on the new bikes.” William said.

“It will be good to test the BMW power on the superfast stretches at the North West.” For Tyco team bosses Hector and Philip Neill the North West 200 is the first big meeting of the year between the hedges.

“The North West is a major event for us.” Philip explained.

“My Dad and I have enjoyed a lot of wins there and we will be trying to win a few more on the BMWs this year.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: