Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 18, 2024, 05:45:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

AMOR SET TO MAKE SUPERBIKE RETURN TO NORTH WEST 200

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMOR SET TO MAKE SUPERBIKE RETURN TO NORTH WEST 200  (Read 405 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: February 18, 2015, 07:33:23 am »

Former Honda factory rider Keith Amor will return to premier superbike class action on a BMW S1000RR at the 2015 Vauxhall International North West 200 .

Enjoying backing from RigDeluge, a fire suppressant safety systems company in the oil and gas industry, the former North West winner will also have a brace of World Supersport spec CBR Hondas for the 600cc class alongside the BMWs.

“I will have six bikes in total, three BMWS and three Hondas.” Amor explained.

“The plan is to have two stockers, one set up for the dry and the other for the wet, alongside the superbike. I am getting Motorrad support from Germany with engines, electronics and data and we will run Ohlins factory suspension on all the bikes.”

The 42 year old made a return to racing last season with Ryan Farquhar’s KMR Kawasaki squad in the Supertwins class after two years of retirement.

With the shoulder injury that sparked that lay off now fully recovered, Amor says he wants to recreate his 2010 glory season that brought him

international wins at the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix.

“I won the Superstock race at the North West in 2010 and that was my best ever season.” He recalIed.

“I want to go back to what I know and what I ran then.” he said.

“I am in a really good position and this is my job for the next two years. I have my brother Guy as my mechanic setting the bikes up for me and I just have to build myself up to race speed.”

His first 2015 test will be at Cartagena in March before making his North West 200 outing.

“I love the North West, it is great fun.“ Amor says.

“There are places that you have to hold your breath because it is so fast and it is definitely somewhere that favours the brave. I am brave and I have a fast bike so it will suit me!”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: