Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 10:31:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Derek McGee will make his Mountain Course debut

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Derek McGee will make his Mountain Course debut  (Read 433 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: December 30, 2014, 01:23:51 pm »

Reigning Irish Supersport Road Race Champion Derek McGee will make his Mountain Course debut at the 2015 Isle of Man TT Races, fuelled by Monster Energy.

The 28-year old has recently signed for the renowned and highly respected Wilson Craig Racing team and will campaign Honda machinery in the RST Superbike, PokerStars Senior, RL360 Superstock and Monster Energy Supersport categories at the TT.

The Mullingar rider came to the fore in 2011 when he won numerous races in the Irish Support Road Race Championship and he has gone from strength to strength since, going on to establish himself as a front runner in the National Superbike, Supersport and Supertwin Road Race Championships.

The last two seasons have been his most successful to date, particularly 2014 when he clinched the Irish Supersport Road Race Championship helped by wins at Kells and Killalane and podiums at Cookstown, Tandragee, Skerries, Walderstown and Faugheen. He also more than proved his capabilities in the Superbike class with podiums coming at Cookstown, Tandragee and Kells while also finishing second overall in the Supertwins Championship.

On the international scene, McGee’s outings have so far been limited to the Ulster Grand Prix but he has certainly impressed, lapping at 126.607mph around the high-speed Dundrod course and taking a strong second place in this year’s second Supertwin Race. Results like these should see him in good stead for next June when he tackles the 37 ľ-mile Mountain Course for the first time.

Speaking during his first circuit learning trip on the Isle of Man with TT rider liaison officers John Barton and Richard Quayle recently Derek said:

“The TT has been on my radar for some time and now feels like the right time to make my debut. Teaming up with Wilson Craig Racing makes the process a lot easier of course, and their experience will be invaluable. I’ve loved looking around the course this weekend and can’t wait to ride it. I’ve had a lot of help from John Barton and Richard Quayle and I intend on doing as much homework as I can ahead of making my debut in May.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: