Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 18, 2024, 03:31:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Glenn Irwin will embark on a new venture next season

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glenn Irwin will embark on a new venture next season  (Read 714 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: December 09, 2014, 10:53:56 am »

Belfast Newsletter

British Supersport Championship frontrunner Glenn Irwin will embark on a new venture next season to help a young up and coming rider in the Irish short circuit series.

Irwin, who realised his true potential this year as the Carrick star developed into a race winner in the Supersport class, is keen to give something back to the sport and hopes to be in a position to announce his rider within the next week after putting together a deal to run a Kawasaki ER6 Supertwin machine in the Irish championship in 2015.

“I’ve made an offer to a young rider and I’m just waiting to hear back; hopefully I’ll be able to announce who it is this incoming week,” said the Gearlink Kawasaki rider.

“I’ve managed to pull together a team thanks to some sponsors of mine, including BikeBits Northern Ireland, and the Supertwin machine will be provided by Robbie Silvester.

“It’s the bike I rode this year at the Ulster Grand Prix and the Sunflower meeting, so it’s a proven machine. It’s about giving a young lad a chance and all they will have to do is pay for fuel and their entry fees and we will maintain and run the bike,” added Irwin, who finished fourth overall in the British Supersport Championship this year.

“There are no other fees and we’ll also try and sort out a helmet and leathers deal as well.”

Irwin, who has confirmed his appearance at the Vauxhall International North West 200 next May along with his Gearlink Kawasaki team-mate Ben Wilson, said the project would also help him to take his mind off the serious business of attempting to win the British title next season and ‘switch off’ in between race meetings.

“I’ll attend as many races as I can and it will allow me to switch off and unwind in between races, because sometimes you can overthink the job,” he said.

“It gives me a chance to look out for other people and pass on some of the experience and advice I’ve built up.

“Jonathan Rea helped me out this season with advice and stuff about how to approach my plans for 2015 and it’s nice to be in a position where you can maybe help someone get on the ladder. It’s a decent little package offering a good bike and a small but professional set-up.”

Meanwhile, Irwin revealed that City Auction Group, based in Belfast, Omagh, Dublin and Rockingham Speedway, has come on board as personal sponsors for 2015.

“The CEO, Raymond Hill, has been a family friend for years. I was involved with them in 2011 and had a number of Superstock 600 wins with them,” he said.

“I tied up a deal for the Sunflower meeting and it proved successful, so now we’re continuing that into next year.

“They are growing fast as a business and I’m growing as a rider, so hopefully this can be the start of something that lasts for many more years.”

Michael Tomalin, MD, City Auction Group, added: “The partnership with Glenn has flourished as our business has developed in recent years. The City Auction Group is ideally positioned to support Glenn with his quest to become the best track rider in the British Isles.”

Irwin also intends to announce some exciting plans at the Adelaide Motorcycle Show in Belfast in February that will benefit many young riders here in the future.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: