Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 08:25:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Dan Kneen unsure of 2015 plans

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dan Kneen unsure of 2015 plans  (Read 1240 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: October 23, 2014, 09:26:39 am »

Belfast Newsletter

Dan Kneen unsure of 2015 plans as Manx rider targets new deal

Dan Kneen is confident he can capitalise on a stellar season in 2015, with the Manx rider more than happy to remain in John Burrows’ B.E Racing team if a deal can be struck for a second term.

Kneen took the Irish national scene by storm, chalking up a string of victories on the Suzuki GSX-R1000 to capture the Superbike crown at his first attempt.

The Braddan man’s success wasn’t only limited to the national meetings though, as Kneen performed exceptionally at the Isle of Man TT and Southern 100 before earning his maiden international victory following a red-hot Superstock battle with Dean Harrison at the Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix.

Kneen felt more rostrum success was within his reach at Dundrod, but he was caught up in Harrison’s crash in the first Supersport race and was ruled out of the remainder of the meeting.

The 27-year-old suffered broken bones in the top of his foot and travelled to Northern Ireland a few weeks ago to have the cast removed at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast, but Kneen was forced to opt of the Macau Grand Prix in November as he continues his recuperation.

“I just need to get the plates out and then I can get mobile. I got the cast off and had a bit of a check-up really and that was it,” Kneen said.

“To be honest I thought Macau had come too early even before I went to the hospital to get the cast off and it’s just one of those things, you’ve got to look on the bright side.

“There’s nothing you can do about it and I’m still using the hyperbaric chamber; we’re not far away but I wouldn’t be right for Macau and what’s the point because I want to go and do well rather than just going there to ride around when I’m not fit, so it’s a bit of a shame.

“I can’t put any weight on my foot yet because the way the plate is inserted, it would bend if I walked on it so I’m best off just leaving it.”

Unsurprisingly, Kneen has caught the eye of a few teams in the paddock on the back of a terrific campaign, but the Isle of Man rider has yet to finalise a deal for next year.

“I haven’t sorted anything out yet for next year and it’s about getting things tied up. It’s been a bit difficult but hopefully we can get something put together and have another good go at it,” Kneen said.

“It all depends who I ride for and hopefully we can get something sorted with B.E. Racing soon; racing is the easy bit! There’s no reason why I shouldn’t stay on with the team again but a few other people have approached us and that’s always going to happen when you’re doing well.

“It was a great result at Dundrod but I felt like it was a result I could’ve had a few years ago if it hadn’t been for injuries and bad luck, but hopefully now I’m on a bit of a roll.

“There are maybe a few little areas where we could improve next year if I was back with B.E. Racing but it’s a good package and it’s just a matter of making sure we don’t stand still, because then you can get left behind sometimes.

“John’s bike was the first proper Superbike I’d rode really because everything else was basically stock stuff, but we’ll just have to wait and see,” added Kneen, who was competing at the Irish national road races for the first time this year.

“It’s the silly season at the moment and no-one seems to be sorted apart from Hutchy and [Josh] Brookes.

“There’s all sorts of rumours floating about and it’s hard to know what to believe and maybe things won’t get sorted out until after Macau.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: