Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 11:07:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ryan Farquhar ended his 2014 road racing season at Oliver’s Mount

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Farquhar ended his 2014 road racing season at Oliver’s Mount  (Read 406 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: September 16, 2014, 10:40:11 am »

Ryan Farquhar ended his 2014 road racing season at Oliver’s Mount, Scarborough over the weekend and the Dungannon ace made sure it was a successful one with two more wins around the 2.43-mile woodland venue, this time on the Team York Suzuki 1100cc machine.

The weekend didn’t get off to the greatest of starts though when he was forced to retire the SGS International/KMR Kawasaki from third place on lap five of Saturday’s Supertwins race but the rest of the day went well. Riding the same 1100cc Suzuki that Russ Mountford took to third place in last month’s Classic F1 TT race, Ryan took a good win in the Superbike B final, coming home 8.1s clear of Chris Cook, and he rounded the day off on the same bike, finishing a solid second to Jamie Hamilton in the Classic Superbike race.

Sunday saw slightly cooler conditions but with Hamilton crashing out at the end of the first lap of the second Classic Superbike race, Ryan had a comfortable 12.7s victory over Davy Morgan to make it 103 wins in total at the venue. It looked like he’d make it 104 later in the afternoon when he led the Superbike B final by over three seconds as he started his final lap but a broken gear linkage thwarted him and he was overhauled by Tom Weeden with the chequered flag in sight, therefore having to settle for another second place.

Ryan Farquhar: “It’s been a mixed weekend here at Scarborough with good results on the big Suzuki offset by problems with the Supertwin bike. I was trying a new engine spec and although it was making some really good power on the dyno, it didn’t have the punch out of the corners I needed. With three hairpins at Oliver’s Mount, I was losing too much time on each lap and was fighting a losing battle so I opted to pull in and save the engine. There’s plenty of work to be done over the winter with the bike to get us back at the sharp end and I’ll get cracking as soon as possible to make sure we’re stronger next year.”

“On the plus side, I’ve really enjoyed riding the big Suzuki this weekend so a big thank you to Kevin and the entire York Suzuki team for the loan on the bike. I had some really good races on it although I was having a few wee problems changing gear and the gear linkage falling off on the final lap was what cost me my third win of the weekend. I still added another two wins to my total though and enjoyed myself at Scarborough again so I’ve ended the road racing season on a good note.”

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: