Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 08:41:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Second successive Ulster GP victory for Lintin

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Second successive Ulster GP victory for Lintin  (Read 329 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: August 17, 2014, 07:51:35 pm »

For the second successive year, Ivan Lintin enjoyed an excellent set of results at the Ulster Grand Prix and it resulted in the Bardney rider claiming his second International race win with another victory coming in Saturday’s Supertwins race.

The victory came in the trickiest of conditions on Saturday as rain, strong winds and cool temperatures made life very difficult for everyone in the Supertwins race, which proved to be the final race of the day. However, Ivan put in an imperious performance on the McKinstry Racing Kawasaki and with an eight second lead after two laps, he was able to control the race for the remaining three laps. His eventual winning margin was a commanding 14.3s whilst, unsurprisingly, he also set the fastest lap of the race.

Earlier in the day, Ivan had been out in force on the 1000cc and 600cc Taylor Lindsey Racing Honda’s and, after taking a solid ninth in the Superstock race, he had, arguably, one of his best ever International races, when he had a brilliant ride into fourth in the Supersport race, moving through the pack well after completing the opening lap in ninth place. He then switched back to the Superstock machine for the feature Superbike race where he again impressed with seventh place.

Meanwhile, the Dundrod 150 races on Thursday had got the event underway and Ivan was part of a terrific six-rider battle for second place in the 5-lap Supertwins race. He eventually finished fourth, missing out on a podium position by only 0.189s but he did have the consolation of setting a new class lap record at 118.735mph.

It was then straight out on the Taylor Linsdey Racing Superstock Honda for the Superbike race and Ivan went on to take a strong 13th place, improving his personal best lap around the Dundrod course to 128.538mph, which has made him the 25th fastest rider in the history of the event.

Ivan Lintin: “I’m really pleased with my results this week, especially the fourth place in the Supersport race as that came against, arguably, the best opposition. Seventh in the main Superbike race was pleasing too, coming through and overtaking people like Ian Hutchinson, and I think the results could have been better too had it not been for being a bit cautious on the opening lap. With conditions being so difficult though, I just wanted to exercise a bit of caution and give myself a lap to check the course out so once I’d done that I was able to get my head down.”

“The Supertwins races saw vastly different races on Thursday and Saturday with the former seeing me just miss out on the podium but claim the lap record, which obviously didn’t get beaten on Saturday. The race win came in pretty poor weather but I got my head down for the first two laps and then had a look behind to see where everyone was. Needless to say, I was pleased there was no-one behind me! All in all, it’s been another good week of racing with some good results and some good lap speeds so I’m over the moon with how it’s gone.”

Ivan now heads to Cadwell Park as he makes his debut in the British Championship, riding the Taylor Lindsey Racing Honda in the National Superstock 1000cc Championship race next weekend.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: