Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 19, 2024, 11:15:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Armoy Club delighted with Race Success

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Armoy Club delighted with Race Success  (Read 433 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: July 28, 2014, 04:22:08 pm »

Michael Dunlop wins RiverRidge Recycling Race of Legends with Guy Martin Man of the Meeting

THE Armoy Motorcycle Road Racing Club is delighted that the Armoy Road Races 2014 sponsored by RiverRidge Recycling has had another successful year.

Having had hot and dry weather all week including practice day, which featured a great first opening race with Tyco Suzuki claiming a one and two with William Dunlop and Guy Martin and Keith Amor taking a third on the podium, it broke with heavy rain at noon on Saturday. Racing stopped for a while and then several races were declared wet races.

Bill Kennedy, Clerk of the Course, said, “Friday was absolutely terrific weather if anything it was far too warm, but the weather broke as forecast on Saturday lunchtime and we just had to work with it and do our best. It’s just one of those things and unfortunately we can’t control the weather but I have to say everyone was great, the road racers worked with us and we got a few races through and kept it going.

“It cleared up after a couple of hours and we managed to have our last two races including RiverRidge Recycling Race of Legends on dry roads. The two days were absolutely fantastic, I could not have asked for better support than I was given from absolutely everyone involved, the Club officials, the marshals, the volunteers, the road racers and even those attending the event.

“The Club is so very lucky to have the support it does.”

Chairman of the Club and Assistant Clerk of the Course, William Munnis said, “We had a great Armoy Bike Week. I’m a very glad it’s all over and that the hard work of the Club and others have paid off. We organise the races for those who continually make the effort to come and to enjoy the racing at Armoy and each year that seems to grow.

“The comments post race on Twitter, Facebook, and emails have all been exceptional. But we can’t do without the many professional people that come in and assist us each year and of course I have to mention the road racers who make the effort to come and ride here too.

“I’d like to say a big thank you to all involved particularly the sponsors, without them we really couldn’t put on the race.”

Bill Kennedy continued; “People from all over the world came to see road racing in Armoy. They’ve come from all over UK, Shetland Islands, Aberdeen, Norfolk and Yorkshire. They’ve come from Europe and they’ve even come from Indonesia.

“Our wee national road race isn’t so small anymore, what it has is the heart of road racing ticking away today as alive as the day the Armoy Armada rode around these roads many years ago.  I would like to sincerely thank all the spectators for turning out to support the race despite the forecast for Saturday and for their patience during the short delays we experienced because of it.

“I’m sure some of you will have seen the picture from Friday morning; it’s been a while since I’ve been on a bike but that was something special having bikes that belonged to my brother, Frank Kennedy, Jim Dunlop the only surviving member on his bike and Paul Robinson on his dad’s, Mervyn Robinson’s bike along with William Dunlop on his Uncle Joey Dunlop’s bike riding through the Dark Hedges. It was just quite extraordinary, something I won’t forget. It was a great start to our two days’ racing.

“The races were once again spectacular and it was great to see William Dunlop take the first win on the Friday night’s first Parker Car Transport Supersport Race. The action didn’t stop there with Guy Martin doing the double in both the SGS International Open Race and Moyle District Council Supersport Race, Keith Amor winning the Roadside Garges Kia SuperTwin and Michael Dunlop winning the RiverRidge Recycling Race of Legends.

“I also have to mention those out in Bayview Hotel 125cc and the Solitude Motors/JW Hickinson&Co 250cc races. The entry that we get for these two races are superb and it’s important that we continue to give these classes the support they deserve. Christian Elkin was first in the 125 cc with Seamus Elliott winning the 250cc class.

“The Junior Support and Senior Support were both good races with Sean Connolly winning the Mermaid Club and Armoy Homes Junior Support and Neil Kernohan winning the Park Electrical Services and Armoy Construction Senior Support.

“Given his first ever winning streak at Armoy, Guy Martin was declared Man of the Meeting sponsored by PMA Contracts, in addition to winning the NITB award for Best Overseas competitor. The Support Man of the Meeting sponsored by the Scenic Inn was Neil Kernohan and Two Stroke Man of the Meeting sponsored by Ann and Peter Louden was awarded jointly to Neil Kernohan and Seamus Elliott.

“I’m delighted that we can say 2014 Armoy Road Races saw another great few days for Armoy.”

Armoy Road Races are sponsored by RiverRidge Recycling, the Northern Ireland Tourist Board and Moyle District Council's Tourism Events Fund.

For more information visit www.amrrc.com or search for ‘AMRRC’ on Facebook and join the official fan page and you can also follow us on twitter at @ArmoyRoadRaces.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: