Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 08:43:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

More success on the roads for Lintin

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More success on the roads for Lintin  (Read 367 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: July 23, 2014, 04:13:15 am »

Fresh from his success at the Southern 100, Lincolnshire’s Ivan Lintin added more victories to his ever growing 2014 tally at the weekend with strong performances in all of his races at the Cock o’ the North Trophy races at Oliver’s Mount, Scarborough. The Bardney rider took no less than two wins and four second places from his seven races on the Tigcraft Kawasaki and Taylor Lindsey Racing Honda Superstock machines to further enhance his ever-growing reputation.

Wet weather affected the riders on Saturday at the seaside venue but Ivan’s day started well on the 1000cc Taylor Lindsey Racing Honda with a good second place behind regular sparring partner Dean Harrison in the first Superbike race although a retirement followed in the opening leg of the Lightweight when the oil pressure light came on during the warm-up lap after a downpour hit the circuit. However, with the problem being traced to water in the electrics, Ivan was able to get back on track later in the day to take a close second in the second leg, just 0.125s behind Harrison.

Conditions were much more favourable on Sunday with warm sunshine at the 2.43-mile venue and another second place opened Ivan’s account for the day, this time in the second Superbike race. Two wins then swiftly followed in the third and fourth legs of the Lightweight class, the two races sandwiching his fourth runners-up spot over the two days, this time in the feature Cock o’ the North Trophy race after a good battle with Lee Johnston.

Ivan Lintin: “It’s been another good weekend for me and better than expected as I wasn’t sure if I’d be fit enough to compete at the beginning of the weekend. I was still stiff and sore when I arrived at the circuit but once out on track, I felt really good. The Tigcraft pretty much changes direction on its own being a lighter bike and more nimble and the only time the big bike caused me a few issues was in the main Cock o’ the North race when I really pushed on to try and beat Lee. Other than that, my injuries from the Southern were no bother at all.”

“The rain on Saturday made it quite tricky as one minute you were out in the sun and the next it was absolutely throwing down and with 25 degrees heat and what felt like 100% humidity, it was certainly challenging for everyone! There wasn’t much grip but everything worked out well whilst I made more progress oover the course of the two days on the 1000cc Taylor Lindsey Racing Honda and was only 0.2s adrift of my personal best lap, which given the fact I wasn’t 100% fit and never got a clear lap all weekend was very pleasing. I really enjoyed the battle with Lee and after being unable to find a way past for much of the race, I was finally able to nip through on the brakes at Mountside Hairpin on the final lap. I’m really happy with how the weekend went so a big thank you again to all my sponsors.”

Ivan now has a four-week break before contesting the Ulster Grand Prix, held on the famous Dundrod circuit, on August 13-16.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: